Running 2 Controllers....part 2

kevgeez

Running 2 Controllers....part 2

Post by kevgeez »

I hate to create a separate thread, but that other thread isn't helping me.

Ok i have an Xbox 360 Fightstick that works fine with Xpadder(since i cut off the XInput).
The problem is I can't run any other type of controller with it.
....I mean the other pads work but 2 buttons are registering with the fightstick buttons.
So when i press X, me AND my friends' character does whatever X is set to do.

So to recap, this is different from the other thread because i have 2 different controllers i'm trying to use.

I noticed you said "Games need separate profiles to run head to head".
How can i run 2 profiles at once?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Running 2 Controllers....part 2

Post by SGTCableDog »

In the game player one and two must have seperate mappings. Then in Xpadder create two seperate profiles assigning the game mappings to the appropriate sticks/buttons. Xpadder should have two tabs, one for each controller. Load the player one profile in the first tab and second player in the second tab.

kevgeez

Post by kevgeez »

ok I'll try that and get back to you tomorrow.
BUt what are the "1-8 sets"?
I thought THAT was for setting up 8 pads?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Sets are a single collection of assignments for each button and stick of the controller. A profile can have up to 8 sets. You can assign a button to switch or select sets. If you are playing a game where there is driving play and first person fighting play, like Battlefield series, you can use set 1 for the fighting and set 2 as the driving. To assign a button to select a set right click the button and choose "Select set>set number>option" The options are two way(toggle),one way, while held. You also have a regular key assignment to the button also. Using the Battlefield example, assign a button to [e] to jump in/out of vehicle and add the two way set selection between the fighting and driving sets.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”