Using 2 wireless xbox 360 controllers, when disconnect p1 control p2 control has two keys per button

shateredsoul

Using 2 wireless xbox 360 controllers, when disconnect p1 control p2 control has two keys per button

Post by shateredsoul »

Hi everyone,

So I have 2 wireless controllers setup on my computer. They work fine, and I have 2 separate profiles for each controller. I only have one issue.

When both controllers are on, and I disconnect controller one (by taking battery pack off), controller two starts sending two key presses for button. It sends the key presses mapped from the player 2 profile, and the buttons presses from the player 1 profile. I think I also had this happen once to player 1 (controller 2 went to sleep, and controller 1 started sending dual keys).

Any works arounds? Thanks!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using 2 wireless xbox 360 controllers, when disconnect p1 control p2 control has two keys per bu

Post by Primal Fear »

Try if you can turn off the controller the normal way after installing the Microsoft Xbox360 Accessories Software.

underthesky00

Re: Using 2 wireless xbox 360 controllers, when disconnect p1 control p2 control has two keys per bu

Post by underthesky00 »

I'm having the same issue. Seems Xpadder requires a first pad no matter what. So when I have four Xbox Wireless controllers plugged in and player 1 controller dies, player 2 is now showing as the first and second pad in Xpadder. Hitting a button on the controller shows the area lighting up on both the first and second pad in Xpadder. When player 1 controller is turned back on, it's missing completely from Xpadder and player 2 continues to be mapped to pad 1 and pad 2. Only fix is to restart Xpadder. I tried installing the software you suggested Primal Fear and it didn't help. Any ideas? Xpadder isn't usable for me if a controller timing out drops it completely from Xpadder until you restart it.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The problem is that Xpadder is mixing up controllers of the same type, because they have the same name and ID. The only thing you could do about that is either using different controllers or wired ones that you will never disconnect while Xpadder is running (at least if they are all of the same type).

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”