Mix of emulated (Xpadder) and straight gamepad

jtdonville

Mix of emulated (Xpadder) and straight gamepad

Post by jtdonville »

I have used Xpadder with my wireless x360 gamepad for use with Marvel Ultimate Alliance, as the wireless pad is not well-supported - it turns out that there is apparently a problem with XInput with this title. So I recently bought a Logitech F310 and the gamepad works in the game natively when it is in DirectInput mode (i.e., Logitech Dual Action mode). I would like to know how to configure the setup (within Xpadder) as follows:

1 player using the wireless X360 as keyboard controls through Xpadder
other player(s) using one or more of the Logitech controllers without Xpadder keyboard emulation

A walkthrough indicating how to tell Xpadder to ignore a given gamepad would be helpful.

jtdonville

Re: Mix of emulated (Xpadder) and straight gamepad

Post by jtdonville »

After some experimentation, it seems the way to do the above is to open the main Xpadder settings dialog (by clicking on the wrench symbol at top-right), going to the 'Controllers' item and selecting 'Hide' for the controllers you don't want to bind keyboard/mouse mappings to. You may need to restart Xpadder for the 'hide' action to take effect (i.e., the 'tab' for the relevant controller type does not appear on the main Xpadder window). I haven't tested yet, but I would imagine that you probably want to disable auto profiles for controllers - just in case this makes any difference. You should still be able to manually assign a game/layout profile to a given controller manually.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”