Multiple 360 controllers: Anyway to make a profile open only for controller one, two, three.. etc?

Multiple 360 controllers: Anyway to make a profile open only for controller one, two, three.. etc?

Post by 72833 »

I can see that under controller properties Xpadder sees each controller and sets an ID "(Xbox Compatible - Yes (ID 1)" or "(ID 2)". Is there any way to limit a profile based on this? I having a terrible time setting up multiple like controllers, namely 4 wireless 360 controllers, without the profiles swapping around. What I'm trying to accomplish: I'd like to be able to start a game with one controller on in hyperlaunch3 , which auto loads profiles, and be able to start up a second controller mid-game without it either A) Loading the last loaded profile (which would be the one for controller 1) or B) not loading any profile because load last profile is not set. Unfortunately Xpadder recognizes all four of my controllers as the same one since they share an ID (045E:02A1) which is the wireless dongle I'm sure.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Multiple 360 controllers: Anyway to make a profile open only for controller one, two, three.. et

Post by Primal Fear »

Have a look at my manual for the AutoProfile feature. If you scroll down a bit, you will find the about how it works with two or more controllers.
As Xpadder cannot distinguish the controller that you use, it should sort them in the same order as they were connected (otherwise you could sort them in the XPadder settings). So basically like the Xinput ID's will be assigned too. The only problem would be that you have to Alt-Tab out and back into the game if you connect the second controller while the game is already running, to have Xpadder loading the AutoProfile for it.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”