Getting one controller to change sets on another?

tahognome

Getting one controller to change sets on another?

Post by tahognome »

I have a logitech F310 gamepad, which is working fine, as well as a USB stationary bike that reports as if it were a gamepad (I pedal forward and it sends either 'stick up' or the up-arrow, depending on my config). That also works well and I see them both in xpadder as two seperate gamepads. I have the bike feeding into xpadder as a joystick, which then translates the action into a W.

The "problem" is that many games have significant portions of playtime where you are fiddling with menus or managing inventory, and sitting on my bike and not pedalling isn't fun. My solution has been to pull the USB dongle for the bike, then plug it in when I'm done and ready to go moving again. Pretty lame. The alternative is to trigger the "S" key all the time, so that I'm sending both W and S and the avatar freezes in place... not very satisfying.

What I want to do is have a button on the gamepad change the set for the bike controller.. set 2 would be blank, so I could keep pedaling while my avatar is standing still, then switch back to set 1 when I'm ready to move again.

Return to “Multiplayer/multi-controller problems”