Xpadder and holding down right mouse click.

krazzedk9

Xpadder and holding down right mouse click.

Post by krazzedk9 »

Dunno if Xpadder is capable of this, i got a good grasp of Xpadder i was able to make a profile for WoW with it np and it works AWESOME! I use a wired 360 controller. however, im unable to get the joysticks/dpad and buttons w/e to simulate holding down the right mouse button(guess its right mouse 2). as you know in WoW and a few other games(aion) this controls your view and lets you turn on a dime and move up and down while flying. thx John!

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder and holding down right mouse click.

Post by Kloreep »

You can do this by adding multiple inputs to the same assignment. The main assignment window makes it seem like you can only have one at a time, but Xpadder can actually do more, you just have to use the advanced assignments window. Click on one of the assignments in the main Xpadder window, e.g. Right Stick-right, to open the Assignment window:

If you've assigned Right stick to the mouse, the "move mouse right" assignment on the far side of the screen will already be highlighted. At any rate, hit the advanced button here.

Here, you can click on the empty box and then click back in the previous window to add an additional input. In this case, Right Mouse Button. :) Don't forget to leave the mouse movement input as well (or add it if it isn't there already).

Repeat for the other three directions and I think you should be good to go.

chiporama

Post by chiporama »

I use this actually for my 'Camera controls' (ie emulate mouse look).

The problem I run into is that sometimes the 'arrow icon' is activated and thus when I move the joystick it 'mouse clicks' the arrow (as if I was clicking on something) -- rather than acting like a normal Mouse look action (rt hold and mouse move).

Is there a setting I am missing to make it not count the the RT MOUSE BUTTON as a 'click', but rather simply always a Press and hold?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

With this assignment the right mouse button will be hold until you release this stick direction. At this release the mouse button will also be released an detected as a mouse click. If this is a problem there is no direct way to get around this.

But you can assign the right mouse button to any gamepad button (for example right stick button) with activated toggle function, instead to every direction.
The result of this is:
You can press this gamepad button once and then the left mouse button will be hold and you can move the mouse camera.
If you press it again, the left mouse button will be released and you can move the mouse cursor only.
And this way the function of the left mouse button will not be triggered every time if you change the direction.

chiporama

Post by chiporama »

Good idea, but I would like to keep mouse look to just the joystick.

One thing I have noticed, is that the 'mouse click' seems to occur only in the 'dead zone' (Red Circle) of the joystick, and if I reduce the setting, it reduces the occurrence.

The problem is that it then over rides the normal mouse (assuming because of the freeplay in the controller triggering Xpadder over the normal mouse). Might just have to find that 'sweet spot' through trial and error.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It's not possible to assign something in the Dead Zone, so it won't trigger anything. To be exactly, with your assignment the mouse click occurs at releasing any direction of the stick and so releasing the mouse button. If you hold the right mouse button in windows, it will open the context menu only after release too.

So I guess the the only way is to not release the mouse button with every change of direction, everything else is just a waste of time.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Have you tried to just assign "Hold" to "Right-Click" on the Analog Stick's button? I'm used to having to depress the Analog Stick's button for Phantasy Star Universe, to enter look/FPS mode, so it seems rather natural a solution for your problem.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

myself wrote:But you can assign the right mouse button to any gamepad button (for example right stick button) with activated toggle function, instead to every direction.
The result of this is:
You can press this gamepad button once and then the left mouse button will be hold and you can move the mouse camera.
If you press it again, the left mouse button will be released and you can move the mouse cursor only.
And this way the function of the left mouse button will not be triggered every time if you change the direction.
chiporama wrote:Good idea, but I would like to keep mouse look to just the joystick.
It is the only solution. ;)

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”