Mouse movement slow and jerky

bluemaximax011

Mouse movement slow and jerky

Post by bluemaximax011 »

I haven't been using XPadder for long, and I've been trying to get my mouse to work with my controller, but it's been generally slow and annoying. Any ideas why this is? Feel free to ask questions.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Mouse movement slow and jerky

Post by Primal Fear »

Click in the Xpadder Main Window on the tool symbol near the stick on which you have assigned the mouse and then on "Mouse Settings".
You can change the mouse emulation speed with the two sliders in this window.

bluemaximax011

Post by bluemaximax011 »

That doesn't work. All that does is change the sensitivity of the mouse. Lowering or raising the emulation speed still causes the mouse to stutter. I have tried this on a different computer (using Vista) with the same result. I'm on XP.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Changing the emulation speed makes the mouse move faster or slower. I don't know what you mean that it changes the sensitivity. If the mouse is stuttering try assigning the other stick as mouse movement. The mouse movement should be smooth. My guess would be if the same problem happens on different computers with the same controller then the controller might have a problem. Another possibility is another controller program interferring (Saitek, JoyToKey, ect.).

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I would guess too, that the problem depends to the stick. If a potentiometer (a analogue stick consists electronically seen out of two of them) gets defective it starts with such things.

Click on the "Controller Menu" button and then on "Properties"
If you hold the stick to any position the axes it depends to should stay too. But if a axis shrugs up and down, the potentiometer of the axis should be pretty sure defective.

You should also have similarly problems with games with native native support for your controller.

bluemaximax011

Post by bluemaximax011 »

Changing the emulation speed makes the mouse move faster or slower. I don't know what you mean that it changes the sensitivity. If the mouse is stuttering try assigning the other stick as mouse movement. The mouse movement should be smooth. My guess would be if the same problem happens on different computers with the same controller then the controller might have a problem. Another possibility is another controller program interferring (Saitek, JoyToKey, ect.).
Maybe I used the wrong word. Changing emulation speed does change the mouse speed. I have 2 360 controllers and both have the same problem. Using Pinnacle Game Profiler which has mouse smoothing does not show this "stutter".
I would guess too, that the problem depends to the stick. If a potentiometer (a analogue stick consists electronically seen out of two of them) gets defective it starts with such things.

Click on the "Controller Menu" button and then on "Properties"

https://xpadder.com/forum4/images/help/menus-controller_menu.JPG

If you hold the stick to any position the axes it depends to should stay too. But if a axis shrugs up and down, the potentiometer of the axis should be pretty sure defective.

You should also have similarly problems with games with native native support for your controller.
Controller Properties, axis numbers look fine. It does not fluctuate at all when holding the joystick in one position (halfway or full).
Playing a PC game (Left 4 Dead 2) with gamepad support does not show the stutter. Which is why I'm suspecting XPadder...

Summary:

2 Xbox 360 controllers.
Used 2 computers, 1 with Vista and I'm using XP.
No stutter in games with native gamepad support.
Only stutters when using XPadder. Tried all settings (literally) and nothing can fix it.

Andre00ost

Post by Andre00ost »

I know I might be a bit late here, and I don't want to resurrect a topic for nothing, but here I go anyway:

I had a similar problem when I tried to set up a profile for FEAR 2, after some tinkering I found that the in-game mouse sensitivity caused the stuttering;
I had mine set to the highest, which caused the increments of movement on screen to be huge (was very apparent while moving the stick(mouse) slightly(slowly))
In effect causing a very annoying stutter.

Setting the in-game mouse sensitivity to the very lowest and then cranking up the sensitivity in xpadder solved this.
(It can still be noticed if panning very slowly, but i suspect this has to do with the way the mouse works (eg. reads coordinates) and has nothing to do with xpadder itself.)

That being said, I would like to se a feature to choose when and where in my stick's arc the sensitivity would crank up or down.
As it is now the sensitivity is very low to begin with and suddenly spikes toward the end of the stick's arc.

Maybe I should've posted that last bit somewhere else but as I'm new here so I hope you'll bare with me,
perhaps I'll post this in a suggestion thread if there is one later.

Really love this program, keep up the good work!

André

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”