Is it possible to assign "mouse shaking" to one single button? o_O

florian.berthold

Is it possible to assign "mouse shaking" to one single button? o_O

Post by florian.berthold »

Hey guys,

i'm playing dead rising 2 right now and i assigned mouse left/right/up/down to the right analog stick.

its perfect for moving the camera around / view angle etc, but here's my problem:

in dr2 you have to shake your mouse from left to right to left and so on very fast to get rid of the zombies (if one of them attacks you)

but i just cant do that fast enough with the analog stick :x

so i wonder if its possible to assign the mouse-movement "left<->right" (5 times or so) to one single button?

i already found out that you can assign all the keyboard-buttons to want to one gamepad-button (advanced -> assignments) but you cant do that with mousemovements, can you?

i already set the deadzone of the analog stick to 1%, but that didnt help a bit....

thanks in advance for your help!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Is it possible to assign "mouse shaking" to one single button? o_O

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes this is possible.
When you have opened the Advanced Assignment window, the Assignment window (keyboard) is still open. To place a mouse direction in a slot, simply click on it (dotted arrows in the outer area for the mouse) in the Assignment window. Before you start to add the alternating directions, activate the checkbox "Auto-Add Sequence Pauses" and set the time to 0.00s.

If the mouse shouldn't move wide enough to activate this function in the game, you can change the "mouse emulation speed" by clicking on the the tool symbol in the Assignment window (also in the outer area for the mouse) and then moving this slider to the right.

Also I recommend to you to set the DeadZone back to standard (25%). The sticks are centering inaccurate, so they stay all the time you don't move them slightly in any direction. The DeadZone is for compensating this problem.

florian.berthold

Re: Is it possible to assign "mouse shaking" to one single button? o_O

Post by florian.berthold »

arrrrgh..... i didnt realize that i can still use the onscreen-keyboard including its mousebuttons while the advanced assignment window is open :-D

thank you very much, works like a charm

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”