Lose mouse control when Xpadder active

tonygriffin826

Lose mouse control when Xpadder active

Post by tonygriffin826 »

I downloaded a profile from this site http://justingaming.com/category/gist/ and followed the instructions to load an image and profile, which worked as described on the site. At this point, I lost control of the mouse. As soon as I moved it it would head off back to the bottom left corner of the screen. I tried various things to regain control and eventually I switched the controller input button from DirectX to (whatever). This gave me back mouse control, but the Xpadder screen cleared (no image/profile details). I guess I effectively disconnected the controller from Xpadder.

I have a Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510.

Operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.

Computer is Alienware (Dell) Aurora, pretty much top of the line.

tonygriffin826

Re: Lose mouse control when Xpadder active

Post by tonygriffin826 »

OK, I've found it. I need to have the controller set to not-DirectX before I start Xpadder.

Now the profile works and all is wonderful. Nice product, thanks!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Lose mouse control when Xpadder active

Post by Primal Fear »

This switch on the back, with the D and the X, switches between DirectInput and Xinput. In the DirectInput mode your controller is basically a Rumblepad2, with only digital triggers and a different button order than the Xbox360pad. It also probably uses two different axes for the right stick than the Xbox360pad, which would explain your problem. If you load the layout on this site for your controller in DirectInput mode, then Xpadder accesses axes for the right stick that aren't used by the controller and so the stick always shows in one diagonal direction.

To use this profile (without converting it, which would be a second possibility), you need to switch it to Xinput mode. If you do that, your controller disconnects, becomes a Xbox360pad and connects again. For Xpadder it is now a completely different controller, which explains that the Xpadder main window is blank again. Simply load this layout again and load the profile, it should work now that as you have switched the controller to Xinput mode. If you have saved the layout and the profile, you can load them directly from your hard disk by opening the controller menu on the left side and clicking on "Open..." and then doing the same in the profile menu on the right side.
And besides, you can get the right controller image for your controller here. Read here how to load it (the first two steps of the step by step instruction).

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”