Mouse Movement stuttering...

Vertigo

Mouse Movement stuttering...

Post by Vertigo »

Hey there!
My problem is when I use my right analog stick for mouse movement it seems to stutter. It's particularly annoying in FPS-Games where when you look around it seems like the game is running in like 15fps per second. I checked the fps with fraps and it's steady at 60fps. But its not only in games even when I just move the cursor in windows with my pad its stuttering when only slightly pushed. I dont know if the mouse movement on the pad is dependent on the mouse drivers installed but my pc mouse has low dpi and I have the same problem with my pc mouse in games. But maybe thats not the reason, I dont'know if you can set the dpi or dps in xpadder settings.
I'm using Win7 just for info and thank you in advance!

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Mouse Movement stuttering...

Post by Jonathan »

Xpadder simulates moving your mouse so it moves the actual mouse pointer and will use exactly the same mouse settings as your real mouse. You can increase the mouse speed by clicking the small settings icon right next to the stick in the main image and selecting mouse settings at the bottom. This may make things better.

Vertigo

Re: Mouse Movement stuttering...

Post by Vertigo »

Yeah thank you I figured that out already. And I solved the issue myself, here's what I did for anyone with the same problem:
I actually lowered the mouse sensitivity in the games e.g. Modern Warfare 2 I'm using to the lowest setting and increased mouse speed in the Xpadder settings menu.
Now the precision is much higher, even higher than on the console and there's no stuttering. BTW I did not change any Windows settings for the mouse for anyone wondering.

A small suggestion I have is to inlcude a seperate mouse driver in the installer package with high precision settings like 2000dpi so problems like this don't occur anymore or add better mouse settings to the Xpadder menu.

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”