FragFX Shark back into a mouse?

Darkitow

FragFX Shark back into a mouse?

Post by Darkitow »

Hi there, it's been a long time.

Some months ago, I decided to switch from my old Wii Classic Controller with adaptor to a much better pad, the FragFX Shark:
Text/Images: Show
This thingie is really awesome, since it basically has the best of both worlds: it lets you use the mouse which is more accurate and sensitive for most games, while getting the usual keyboard keys into gamepad shape, allowing for a more intuitive gaming.

Now here's the catch. This thing has two settings, "keyboard mode" and "gamepad mode". In "keyboard mode", all the keys are mapped to keyboard (buttons are Shift, Ctrl, etc, joystick is WASD, for example), and the mouse works as it's supposed to do. Unfortunately, this means that there's no analog stick function. "Gamepad mode" is the opposite: buttons are DirectImput, sticks are analog, but the mouse doesn't work anymore as a cursor, instead it behaves like the right joystick. As you can see, this is kinda annoying if you want both mouse functions and directImput buttons with analog movement.

What I've tried is to keep the device in "gamepad mode" so Xpadder recognizes it, then map the joystick-mouse functions (movement, clicks and wheel) back from directImput to normal mouse functions. Everything works as it should now, except the movement. No matter what I do, Xpadder can't make the mouse move like a real mouse. The movement is astonishingly slow and the acceleration is too low. I have no idea of what can I do to make it work more naturally, because like this is really unusable.

In the meantime, I've tried to use JoyToKey as well. This one actually works as intended, but the wheel mapping feels really rough and Xpadder has much better set functions. I'd rather not having to use two programs when any of them should do the trick, but unfortunately both seem to have an issue that requires me to use them together.

So, any ideas on working on this issue?

moc.reddapx

Re: FragFX Shark back into a mouse?

Post by moc.reddapx »

Having a similiar issue with the mouse mapping as yourself - here: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=4736- and thank you for mentioning 'JoyToKey' which I am trying now.

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”