Better Mouse Emulation

moc.reddapx

Better Mouse Emulation

Post by moc.reddapx »

If there is a solution to this please do advise me as I have missed it, the problem I am having is that the mouse emulation could me much improved.

I find the spring mode is almost perfect except the cursor jumps when you are transitioning through the boundaries of the mouse movement triggers and there is no ability to go past the maximum range boundary so I believe the following new mode would fix this:

- first you calibrate your stick by grabbing the farthest top - left, top right, bottom left, bottom right coordinates which gives you the axis ranges ( this is not really needed as it is done by the system os already)
- you calibrate your stick's center (prob done by system os already)
- then you specify the view port resolution area to map this to - say 1920x1080 - one could loosely think of this as a DPI setting on a mouse
- then you specify an adjustable width 'shift zone' at the outer edge of axes, that is if the stick is in this position the view port is shifted up down, left, right continuously at some adjustable speed with perhaps time accelerated curve

So currently I think the system emulates mouse movement but instead we need a smooth linear mapping of axes ranges to a view port with the ability to 'shift' this view port when the stick is at the farthest positions - interestingly the SideWinder Dual Strike has physical 'shift zones' which literally rebound the stick away from them - nice tactile response.

Thoughts?

markmarucot

Re: Better Mouse Emulation

Post by markmarucot »

Bump. I want this feature too.

geoslake

Post by geoslake »

+1

I need to finally control racing games (mouse compatible, like Vroom), with my racing wheel properly !!
I talked to Xpadder many years ago about this, but still no go :(

Thanks

skudmissal

Post by skudmissal »

I'm trying to figure if there is a way to change the emulation speed curve on the right joystick in mouse settings? the problem i have is that my reticule jumps pretty quickly even when i barely move the joystick. If i lower the sensitivity, but then my max movement is too slow at full tilt of the joystick. please help! it's driving me crazy!
---Update---
On most games, i have figured out that i can just make a new set with a lower sensitivity and make the aim or scope button switch to it while held. it works pretty well.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You can also use Xpadder's mouse speed setting only to adjust the curve and change the actual mouse speed in the game.

eternal.dahaka

Post by eternal.dahaka »

I generally use the cursor option for mouse controls, and while it is very admirable, there is a rather large jump in acceleration somewhere around 70% or higher stick deflection. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's more than just a steep exponential curve and it's jarring when the thumbstick hits that area.

The only other improvement I could think of is adding a linear acceleration curve option for emulation. Exponential is great for keeping precision at higher sensitivities, but a linear curve is more intuitive.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

That is what was explaining the post above yours. If you leave the speed of Xpadders mouse acceleration in an area between 40 and 60 (+-), you'll keep the curve pretty linear. If that setting is too slow, you increase the mouse sensitivity in the game instead.
Everything higher than 100 is any totally unusable.

moc.reddapx

Post by moc.reddapx »

@Dev, any update on this request?

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”