Jonathan questions: How to keep the mouse from wondering

majvictory

Jonathan questions: How to keep the mouse from wondering

Post by majvictory »

Been using xpadder for a while one of the main issues is how do i keep a locked cursor? it consistently wonders around the screen. or how do i center it consistently either one will work. I tried the "spring" look but i cant figure out how to set the cursor coordinates to center of the screen.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Jonathan questions: How to keep the mouse from wondering

Post by Primal Fear »

Click on the tool icon near the right stick and then click on "Settings..." Under "Status" you'll see a image that shows the current stick position with a black dot and the so called Dead Zone in red. When you don't touch the stick, the black dot should be inside the Dead Zone, means the mouse (if assigned to the right stick) shouldn't be moving. If the black dot slightly stays outside of this area or tends to when you slowly release the stick out of one of the directions, you can increase the Dead Zone value with the slider to the right until it's fine.

You can also recalibrate your controller, especially if it's by far out of the center, by pressing Window Key+R, typing joy.cpl ans pressing Enter. There you need to select your Xbox360pad and to click on "Properties". In the properties window you select tab "Settings" and click on "Calibrate..." and perform this process.
Restart Xpadder after doing as it seems to recognize the new calibration only after a restart.

majvictory

Post by majvictory »

Thanks for the reply! Thats not really what i am asking. I am more asking for a setting the LOCKS the mouse to a set position. Most PC games don't do this as they need the mouse for all activities. When using a controller you are trying to be in action mode and dont want the mouse to move at all unless you deliberately say so. by locking the curser to a set position it enables a full action style control similar to an FPS. and for Wildstar this is a blast. Right now i am using spring look to quickly get it back to center after it has left center, due to me moving my mouse or the wondering mouse that can occur when using xpadder. I see your articles address the later issue and will be using your model for these. But just don't understand how to lock the cursor.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2014.01.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Slots=Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down
Set1Button1Toggle=1
Set1Button1Turbo=1
Set1Button1TurboRate=5
Set1Button1MouseSpeed=32
Set1Button1MouseMode=Spring
That should work to hold the mouse in the middle of the screen. Toggle on and a turbo of 0.05s.

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”