Set Mouse coordinates?

xhonzi

Set Mouse coordinates?

Post by xhonzi »

Is there a quick or dirty way to set the mouse cursor to specific coordinates? I'm playing SystemShock using an Xbox 360 controller. I use right trigger to enable Set 2 which uses the right stick as a mouse emulator. When I'm done, I'd like the mouse cursor to return to the center of the screen. I thought about a series of mouse direction emulations which would force the cursor to position 0x0, and then several more that would bring the cursor appx back to the center of the screen (400x300 I guess). With a .1 second delay between commands, it's too slow. I'm new to this... is there another way of doing it?

Thanks!

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Set Mouse coordinates?

Post by mnl1121 »

This is only possible right now by using Spring mode. You can move the mouse cursor around and then when you let go of your stick it snaps back to the middle. This might be what your looking for.

Change the cursor mode to Spring in this window. To access it, just click on the small wrench in the bottom right hand corner of your stick assignment and then go to mouse settings.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I found something that should work perfect. I used the right trigger to select set 2 while held. Then in set 2 make an advanced assignment to the right trigger of [Release zone .01s][Mouse up]. In the Assignment window for the right trigger click the mouse settings icon in the bottom right of the screen and choose Spring mode.

You don't need to change the mouse setting for the stick. So what will happen is you pull the trigger to select set 2 and move your mouse. Xpadder waits for the release of the trigger and goes to Spring mode bringing the cursor to the center of the screen and back to set 1. Tested with version 5.7 beta 8.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Good thinking Cable. :D

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Cool! You keep managing to get Xpadder to do things is hasn't been designed to do yet! :geek:

Set mouse co-ords is a feature X for v5.9 and you'll be able to put different ones in a sequence and on button release too.

xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

That's really cool and works really great in Windows. As soon as I start up System Shock (Portable) it doesn't seem to work. When I release left trigger, the cursor just stays where it was- same as before the spring mode implementation.

Any thoughts?

(I truly meant left trigger earlier, I just don't know my right from left) :)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Does the rest of your profile work in the game but just the mouse piece fails?

edit: I downloaded the game, I think the problem might be caused by DOSbox and the game running at a low resolution. I couldn't get it to work in game. :cry:

xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

To answer your first question- it all seems to work fine except for the Mouse/Spring bit. Except that it sometimes gets backwards and left trigger turns set 2 off as opposed to turning in on. Not sure if that's xpadder or System Shock + xpadder.

I'm actually running System Shock from the WinX exectuable, not Dosbox. I'm running WindowsXP-32 and that seems to work pretty well. I can select a few different resolutions, -maybe I'll play with that.

xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

Progress? I used the '3' option from the SSP.exe launcher, which is the "mouse2kv" mode. I have no idea what that means, but it does move the mouse after I let go of the trigger... the only problem now is that it moves it to the bottom right hand corner. I believe I'm now running the game in 1024x768... maybe I need to set my desktop to the same resolution first?

xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

I forgot to mention that it seems that the mouse2kv mode will crash it if you use the mouse in the game menu before you get to the "game" part.

When I set my desktop to 1024x768 first, the cursor now spings to the center of the width of the screen, but at the top center... that's almost it, but it still doesn't allow me to shoot. :(

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I have a 64 bit version of Windows so I can't use the launcher and have to run it directly from DoxBox. I get the same issue of going to the bottom right of the window, actually it will move the cursor to the right and down a little, if the mouse is close to the bottom right it will end up there. I'm guessing it might be caused by the game emulation. For me the graphics stutters like its hulting while its calculating non-game data, Xpadders mouse mode change to spring mode might be to fast and getting lost during this halt cycle. I don't know if we'll be able to work around this. I may be totally wrong. :D

dproeder

Post by dproeder »

Hey Jonathan,

Did you ever get around to implementing the "Set Cursor Position" Feature?

har.braatz

Post by har.braatz »

I was exactly looking for that; thank you, it works :D

guffsquad

Post by guffsquad »

dproeder wrote:Hey Jonathan,

Did you ever get around to implementing the "Set Cursor Position" Feature?
I am wondering about this feature as well.

I recently purchased Xpadder and have it working ok with D3 but I need to be able to control my mouse coordinates by setting them.

thang78

Post by thang78 »

any news on this feature?

FoulMantis

Post by FoulMantis »

Jonathan wrote:Set mouse co-ords is a feature X for v5.9 and you'll be able to put different ones in a sequence and on button release too.
Wow, this was a long time ago. Any updates? What version was 5.9? They seem to go by date now...

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Mouse actions”