Konami DDr dance pad ( xbox 360 )

GaMbA

Konami DDr dance pad ( xbox 360 )

Post by GaMbA »

Hi, I'm looking for a program to solve a problem I've encountered, and I think Xpadder, is the right one

to be sure, I ask you

the problem I found is a problem of axis joystick (up and down when pressed simultaneously, are not recognized)

I can solve my problem by setting my dance pad (for xbox360) using Xpadder?

thanks in advance for the answers:)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Konami DDr dance pad ( xbox 360 )

Post by Jonathan »

This is an interesting question.
If the up and down arrows on the dance mat use an axis then this means that up and down cannot be read at the same time. Xpadder will not be able to split them apart because it is impossible. Unless..
In the Windows game controllers control panel for your dance mat can you see the axis?
Does the axis look different for no arrows pressed, up arrow only, down arrow only and both arrows pressed?
Also, is there an option to output the arrows as buttons as this will solve the problem quicker.

If you can change the arrows to output buttons then Xpadder will work but if it only uses axes then I'll need some info from you to add support for it.

GaMbA

Post by GaMbA »

So thank you for your reply

I'll try to be as exhaustive as possible

Yes, the arrows are recognized as axis, but in the control panel accessories I can't see them

before proceeding to give you much information as possible to resolve the problem, i'd better explain exactly what and where I intend to use the pad, and maybe the various solutions I have tried without success

I intend to use the dance pad in StepMania, and also on their forum I found some topic that was the solution to the problem, but without results
I do not know if I can make references to other links to external sites (I can do?)
However, there is a procedure for amending .INF file to force the recognition of the dance pad, to be able to use an editing program, as you have described, to modify the output of axis
Unfortunately the program does not work, does't recognize the device and then I have no way to reprogram the axis as buttons

if you need to know the name of the program and know the method used, let me know :)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Please provide any links and program names you can.

GaMbA

Post by GaMbA »

no problem :D

I managed to solve, anyway, since it may be useful for others without having to hand .INF files
perhaps using Xpadder

The first link is this
http://www.stepmania.com/forums/showpos ... ostcount=1

Instead the program in question is XBCD but at the moment the site is down

I hope to be helpful and i wait (patiently) New developments

i'm toned :D

Return to “Other questions”