Move faster button

robbmcdougall

Move faster button

Post by robbmcdougall »

Is there a button that can be held to make the mouse move faster?

I realise you can change the mouse speed setting, however most of the time I like the speed quite low and slow when using the 360 controller to navigate around windows, however sometimes I need to move right across the screen and it can take quite a while, I find myself pressing 1 of the shoulder buttons naturally as if its going to speed up the cursor when pressed, I think this happened in a mouse driven game on the 360 I have played as I find myself constantly doing it.

Is this something I can select that when I hold the button my cursor moves faster than normal?

If not is it something that could potentially be added in the future, standard slow cursor for selecting items and such, but fast cursor when needed.

Thanks, Robb

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Move faster button

Post by mnl1121 »

You can do this using sets. Create a second set that is exactly the same as the first (use a while held set selector) with the only difference is the mouse emulation speed. This will do exactly what your looking for.

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

That sounds perfect, however I dont really understand what sets are and how to achieve this, is there anychance of a bit more detail or possibly something else you could direct me to that might help me.

Thank You in advance

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

The easiest way to set selections would be to right click the button you want to become a set selector. For instance right click one of the shoulder buttons. Go down to set selector then go to Selects set 2 (while held will do well in your situation). Now on the main Xpadder window click on the 2 at the bottom. this will change to set 2. Now redo all the assignments from set 2 (set copy and pasting should be on its way once it gets voted in in the Feature X vote) with the exception of mouse emulation. Hope that helps.

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Brilliant I understand now, Thank You.

I hadnt actually understood what the numbers where along the bottom, now I understand and know how to use them.

Blimey the more you ask of xpadder the more you realise just how clever and powerful it is, without using up and noticeable resources.

If I can get it to work really well with Modern Warfare 2 in a way that lets me enjoy online play it will be the best £6 Ive ever spent!

robbmcdougall

Post by robbmcdougall »

Just finished setting this up and it works perfect, I use the RT button which is where my hand goes naturally to speed up the mouse.

I also use this button to increase volume level, I found the way to be able to use the second set whilst held but not increasing the volume was to make the button do nothing in the second set.

This works perfectly and allows function of all other buttons whilst it is held.

100% perfect advice and help Thank You, Im loving xpadder!

Return to “Other questions”