Is possible to.... ?

zubaran

Is possible to.... ?

Post by zubaran »

Hello Everyone,

I wondering if it possible to assign 2 joystick buttons for execute only 1 keyboard key.

Exemple, actually i'm using a PS3 Dual Shock with Xpadder, and want to assign this following action :

When pressing L1 + R1, action = "ESC" keyboard key

I know it possible to assign two keyboard key and more for only one joystick button, but conversely it is possible ?

Thanks

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Is possible to.... ?

Post by mnl1121 »

Its not directly possible. However the same effect came be kinda faked by using Sets. Create set 1 with all of your assignments and have L1 be your set selector button (right click the button and go to set selector to assign this action. "While held" should do what you want). Now create a set 2 with the same assignments but have R1 be "ESC" key. Now when you hold L1 and then press R1 it will send a ESC key command.

zubaran

Post by zubaran »

Woahhhhhh..... Wonderful !

Really thank you for this information, this is exactly what i wanted to do.

Xpadder is really the best !

Thanks again ;)

david@dfsolutions.co

Post by david@dfsolutions.co »

As a home-cockpit flight simmer, I can speak for many similar that this would be a VERY desirable feature if done natively without having to hack it through sets.

Essentially we're talking about actions dependent on multiple input button states.

In Flaming Cliffs 2, there are 2 commands:

Start left engines.
Start Right engines.

(for compatibility with other flight sims), I would like 2 physical toggle switches in my DIY cockpit:

Button 1: Switches between left and right engines
Button 2: Momentary toggle switch, hold up for start selected enging, hold down for stop selected engine.

This (and a tonne of other applications) would enable some awesome pits. I'd even pay twice!

Return to “Other questions”