PS3 Analog sticks not working

jgolia

PS3 Analog sticks not working

Post by jgolia »

Hello, I recently got Xpadder so I could play many a pc games with my ps3 controller. However, when I move the joysticks around, xpadder does not respond. Is this a problem with the drivers I installed?

xTx

Re: PS3 Analog sticks not working

Post by xTx »

jgolia wrote:Hello, I recently got Xpadder so I could play many a pc games with my ps3 controller. However, when I move the joysticks around, xpadder does not respond. Is this a problem with the drivers I installed?
do you have an original PS3 sixaxis controller?

does your controller appear in the control panel under devices?

have you made a layout of the controls in XPadder?

fish1504

Post by fish1504 »

hi, i have an orginal PS3 6 Axis and it appears under the control panel as Playstation 3 Controller....
The driver i have installed is the motion in joy one and my analogs can't seem to be detected but my D-pad can be ( as both the analog stick and the d-pad?)

metallic8ball

Post by metallic8ball »

I have this problem as well. To be honest nothing is working on my controller with Xpadder. The program detects my Sixaxis controller, but none of the buttons or sticks are detected :[

metallic8ball

Post by metallic8ball »

Okay I got it to work. What I did:

I searched google for PS3 drivers (duh) and found something called MotionInJoy. This enables the PS3 controller to be recognized as another type of gaming controller, enables vibrations, AND you can use this to emulate a 360 controller (which is what I'm doing currently to play the first Bioshock game for pc).
  • So just download and install MotionInJoy (MIJ) from this video's description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGPIReba ... re=related
    I didn't use the 3rd program that is linked, so I'm not sure what it does.

After the installation is complete (MotionInJoy and MotionInJoy Vibration driver) connect your controller and open up the MIJ program. Windows should make the USB sounds a few times as well as vibrating your controller. Inside the program window you MAY have to click a download button so the program can download another file so that you may actually use the PS3 controller rather than it being recognized and rendered useless.

Now that you've got ALL the drivers installed go to the "Custom" tab at the top. Select the option that enables the analog sticks and triggers, or if you would like to emulate a 360 controller (for some games like Bioshock) click that option. I also pressed the "test vibration" button just to be sure it all worked.

Click on the button somewhere that says "game controller panel" or something similar to it to bring up the window with a + sign and some numbers. The analog sticks should work, but if not then just calibrate the controller in the "Settings" tab.

Open up Xpadder while keeping MIJ opened, and create a new profile. Xpadder should detect you as a Motioninjoy controller and now you may map all your controlls as you like! :]
Sorry for the long post BUT this should serve you all well. It worked for me.

Return to “Other questions”