Call Of Duty 2

city130

Call Of Duty 2

Post by city130 »

Dear all,

I need help/advice to make the set-up for my joystick (wingman force 3d) so I can play COD2.

In program settings in Xpadder, there are 5 topics: Image, Sticks, Dpad, Buttons and Triggers. Do I have to "do something" with all the 5 topics?
or just the one called Stick if I want to play with a joystick?

My joystick has, 7 buttons and a special blue button on top (where you can click in different directions), a twisting function, and "gas pedal" to accelerate en racing games. Please someone help me to programme the Xpadder :-)

Kind regards
Jesper Bo Olsen

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Call Of Duty 2

Post by FARSTRIDER »

what id suggest is to look for a profile in the database & adapt it for your controller

city130

Post by city130 »

Where can I find this database please.

City130

Post by City130 »

On the link there are 10 hits for COD, but as far as I can see, none of them is a profile for a joystick, but only for Xbox360?

If you could give me a hint which to choose. My joystick is a WingMan force 3d.

One again thanks.

Kind regards
Jesper Bo Olsen

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Any profile can be used with any controller. Each profile is just tailored to best work with a certain controller. However if you download the profile you can then modify it to work with your joystick.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I would also recommend a quick look in the tutorial forum. After installing Xpadder you will need to configure your controller (tutorial two) before working on the profile. The joystick twist is probibly the Z axis normally triggers on a console type controller and the pedals are likely axis' RX and RY - the right stick on console controllers. The blue button is likely the point of view hat which would be called a Dpad on a console. Hope this helps.

City130

Post by City130 »

Do I need to fullfill and enable all the topics (dpad, sticks, twiggers, buttons, image) before using my joystick? (be awae it is a joystick, you mention something about a console)

There is also arrows <--> where I can choose some axis, and anoter up/down arrows. And below are 4 boxes each with a single arrow. What is the difference/connection between all these arrows.

I appriciate all the help you can give. Tanks.

Kind regards
Jesper Bo Olsen

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You must be in the stick section of the controller configuration screen. The horizontal and vertical arrows show the axis that was detected when you moved the stick when you first checked the enable box. If you click these arrows you can redetect that direction. The four arrow boxes at the bottom allow you to rename the directions. So instead of up, down, left, right you may prefer north, south, west, east.

City130

Post by City130 »

In the "stick" section, I was asked to move the joystick up and then left. That was all.

What else do I have to do in the "stick" section?

Kind regards

Jesper Bo Olsen

City130

Post by City130 »

Ok so far,..... I have now downloaded a profil for COD and my joystick is working, but one problem I cannot solve. When I play with keyboard I use w,a,s,d to move around, and the I move the mouse up, down etc to look around. How do I programme the joystick to look around?

Another question is how do I programme "the blue buttom on top of my joystick" maybe so I could use it to look around in COD?

At last could you please tell me if I can use vibration. My joystick could with my old pc (10 years old Compaq) vibrate when I played games. Windows vista does not want to install the old driver-cd I have (I dont now why). But my joystick is working wiht the "I quess - pree-installed driver in Windows Vista".

Kind regards
Jesper Bo Olsen

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You can assign mouse movements to the top blue hat switch. If it was detected in the stick or Dpad section when you set up the controller, then the buttons should be displayed in a plus (+) formation. In the bottom right of the four buttons should be a wrench in a circle. This is the Group Assignment icon. Click it and a menu should open with a number of options. Choose "Mouse Normal" and that should work. The blue switch is likely digital so you will get only eight directions of movement and not the smooth omnidirectional control you would get with a analog stick.

City130

Post by City130 »

Thanks for the help. I have another question, my joystick (wingman force 3d) has a vibration function, eg when you push a bottom to shoot it moves, how can I activate this in Xpadder to play COD2 ?

Kind regards
Jesper Bo Olsen

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

It depends if the force feedback is via DirectX. To add rumble click the button on the main Xpadder window to open the Assingment window. On the bottom left of the Assignment window you will see three check boxes; Toggle, Turbo, and Rumble. Check the third box. The button in the main Xpadder will show a rumble assignment with yellow column on the sides of the button.

Post by Guest »

When I open the Xpadder program, I cannot find the place you mentioned.

The only place I can find something where rumble is mentioned, is under controller properties where it says - "rumble (force feedback) Yes (x,y)" - but this is just information, there is nothing to click!

I kindly ask you to guide me again. Thanks.

Kind regards
Jesper Bo Olsen

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Click the button on the main Xpadder window that is your trigger button that you use to shoot. This will open the Assignment window, it looks like a keyboard. On the bottom left of this window is the three check boxes; Toggle, Turbo, and Rumble. Click the third button. Now when you press the physical trigger on the joystick it should rumble. I know of your joystick and I am not sure how it will work.

Return to “Other questions”