PS3 controller

Ian21

PS3 controller

Post by Ian21 »

Hello all, i am thinking about buying xpadder. Can i use my ps3 controller with it if im running windows vista? And more importantly, can i use it if im not playing a game on my computer? just surfing the web or using it normally? PLease respond quiclkly. Thanks

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: PS3 controller

Post by Primal Fear »

You are not the first one who would use PS3-Controller with Xpadder, so yes it will work. http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic ... =PS3#p5391
And you can do everything you could do with Keyboard and Mouse (except using Print and Pause key) with Xpadder too, even in Windows.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Finding a suitable third party driver for the PS3 controller is the hard part. Once done Xpadder will work fine. Xpadder isn't just for games either. One of the other mods uses Xpadder to help in translating movies or something like that.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Here is a Driver that should work with Vista (according to an entry in another Forum) http://dl.qj.net/playstation-3/tools-an ... or-pc.html
Maybe you should try it before buying Xpadder, if you didn't already did that.
I thought you had this Controller already installed.

nsync

Post by nsync »

I wanted to use a controller just for hotkeys, not gaming. I would, however prefer only using a xbox or ps3 controller. For the ps3 controller, would this be the correct action?

1. buy a ps3 controller, plug the usb into computer
2. download the driver in the post above,
3. buy xpadder
4. everything set?

This question is also for wired xbox controllers as theres only threads about wireless ones.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

For Xbox360Pad you will get a working driver in every case from Microsoft, so with it there is no problem.

For PS3Pad, you should download and test a driver, if it works with your OS, before you buy. Because these drivers aren't made by Sony, but from private developers. Without an working driver, the Gamepad won't work with Xpadder (strictly it wouldn't work at all).

Return to “Other questions”