In Afghanistan, COD4 starts but doesnt recognize my control

bamalama01

In Afghanistan, COD4 starts but doesnt recognize my control

Post by bamalama01 »

I have the only controller we can buy over here, its a lunar. When I go into the game it will not allow me to input anything from the controller. I have never used a kb and is very uncomfortable for me, and very hard to use it. I have done all I can, im not very computer privy, Im pretty much dumbfounded with this. It is registering as usb gamepad. Works on xpadder but not game. Did the mame but dont exactly know if I am using it properly. When I open it with mame it does the same thing as with xpadder. HELP!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: In Afghanistan, COD4 starts but doesnt recognize my control

Post by SGTCableDog »

You first need to create a controller layout for your controller. Next you need a profile for the game. You can create your own, or copy and paste a previously made one, I like this one. :D If you are playing online and using Windows 7 or Vista then you'll need to run Xpadder as administrator. You must first fully close Xpadder by right clicking the icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close".

Then right click the Xpadder.exe application file in WIndows Explorer where ever you have it saved and choose "Run as administrator...", click through the dialog boxes and restart your game.

bamalama01

Post by bamalama01 »

Thanks that has helped up until it will not let me create a profile,says they are too big. Also when I open cod4 with it, it says WIN-IMPROPER_QUIT_BODY ON THE FIRST POP UP, THE Second pop says Error during initialization: No IWD files found in/main. Then it just closes and thats it. But onthe other side I got an image for a controller now and all the buttons in the right spots.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Profile too big, strange failure. This should not be possible, I think. I have made a profile that used every button in every set, but hadn't such an problem.
Try to delete Xpadder.ini, in the folder where you have your Xpadder.exe. Then you you have to make your configs new, but maybe it helps.
If this doesn't work you can try to download a new Xpadder.exe, maybe yours is corrupted.
bamalama01 wrote:But onthe other side I got an image for a controller now and all the buttons in the right spots.
This does not make any difference, it's just to make it more vivid for you.

Edit: The failures while starting COD4 are a problem of it self.
The first means only "It appears that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare did not quit properly the last time it ran. Do you want to run the game in safe mode?".

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I'm not familiar with a profile to big error. If its a range check error then the newest version of Xpadder should fix it. And Primal Fear is correct, Xpadder is a stand alone program that only interacts with Windows, it can't interfere with your game. The error would appear to be a problem with the game not finding game data files.

Return to “Other questions”