new, help plz

proff_table

new, help plz

Post by proff_table »

hey hey, Im trying to set up my xpadder today. I bought to play FFXI on my laptop with a PS3 cordless precision gamepad by logitech.

First I dont think Ive got this downloaded fully. I got a icon(my PS3USB Cordless Gampad Xpadder Controller 1KB) that when I click it tells me " this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel ". >< I have no clue.

When I go to run:xpadder I can pull up the blank screen of the xpadder. I clk download icon it tells me " To download controller images, visit xpadder.com (where do I download this to? I thought this was all included in the pkg of xpadder.

When I click upload icon it tells me " To upload function has not been added yet to upload controller images, xpadder.com" again I dont know how to do this, sorry Im not computer skilled.

Is there somewhere on this site gives a step by step of how to's, where I dont have to read for hours of other peeps questions to find my answer?

ty ty

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: new, help plz

Post by SGTCableDog »

You can get controller images here and here. Simply right click the image and choose "Copy" and in the Controller settings click the Paste button.

More details in creating a controller layout is here.

proff_table

Post by proff_table »

thank you SGTCableDog that worked :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

proof_table wrote:I got a icon(my PS3USB Cordless Gampad Xpadder Controller 1KB) that when I click it tells me " this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel ".
You have to activate "Associate files" in the Xpadder Settings to load that file directly. It's your controller layout.

dschmidt48

Post by dschmidt48 »

the upload and download and most functions that link to xpadder just donot work cannot get the image i copied to go on page cannot find a final fantasy 14 profile anyone have one I am so newbie it is horrible i have a tech service that cost me 140 a year and even they are clueless on setup of this thing. HELP OR TOO LAZY.

dschmidt48

Post by dschmidt48 »

USING WINDOWS VISTA AND MCAFEE FOR SECURITY IS THAT THE PROBLEM AND THEY SAID THE FILE DID NOT LOAD EVERYTHING BUT I CHECK THERE IS A DOWNLOAD OF THE FILE BUT THE FUNCTIONS DID NOT SEEM TO COME ON IT AND HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO GET THE THING TO WORK AND HAVE SPENT HOURS SEARCHING FOR HELP. THERE IS A VIDEO ON YOU TUBE BUT I DONOT KNOW HOW TO RUN THE TUTORIAL AND DO IT AT SAME TIME PLUS FINAL FANTASY 14 HAS A WEIRD KEYBOARD SETUP HENCE THE WANT OF A CONTROLLER IN FIRST PLACE DESPARATE CANNOT MOVE IN FINAL FANTASY WELL WITH OUT IT. TOO MANY KEYS
PLAYED EVERQUEST WITH TUTORIAL AND IT WAS EASY TO LEARN NOT A GAMEER ONLY PLAYED THE ONE GAME FOR 9 MONTHS GOT BORED WANTED SOMETHING BETTER HEARD THIS GAME ROCKS.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

OK, I guess I can promise you we will get Xpadder working + with this game. Edit: Oh it is online, so I cannot promise that that. But we will see.

I conclude you have Xpadder on your computer and you can start it.
So let's start from this point.

Step1: Controller Image and Layout
Follow principally this tutorial by SGTCableDog. But for the part to get the image, use the new Game Controller DataBase instead. To get there, scroll to the top of this site and click there one the link ("here") in "Click here to visit the Game Controller DataBase".
  • Note: It doesn't matter if you have any topic open or if you are on the main site of the forum, it's everywhere on the top. So is is also on top of tutorial.
Search there for your Controller type. Either you select the make (example: Microsoft) and then the model (exmaple: Xbox 360) or you use the search function and type your model. If your controller is there and already has an controller image, right click on it and then left click in the appearing context menu on "Copy Image".
  • Note: If you should not find an controller image, post make and model here and Mobeeuz or I will see if we can find a good image in the Internet we can make a controller image out of.
Click on the "Paste..." button in the Xpadder Controller Settings. Now you should see the controller image image in the formerly completely pink area.

Post again if you should have any problems or if you have done this so far.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you already tried the gamepad config tool of FFXIV?
Ignore the first part and start with "Setting Key Bindings in FFXIV".

Return to “Other questions”