Camera snap-back in Divinity 2

trashbin17

Camera snap-back in Divinity 2

Post by trashbin17 »

Hello, all. After thorough searching through the forums I haven't been able to fix this:

In Divinity 2, the right stick of my PS2 controller is mapped to the mouse, controlling the camera. Trouble is, pressing any other button instantly snaps the camera back to centre.

The game does not have gamepad support, so it should not be interefering with Xpadder. Fiddling with various settings in Xpadder, trying the latest nightly build, throwing my controller at the screen -- none of it fixes the problem.

What does seem to fix it is unplugging the controller before firing up the game, and then plugging it back in once it's loaded. Not ideal, and not something I need to do with any other software.

So, any ideas if/how this can be fixed through the software?

Much thanks.
Adam

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Camera snap-back in Divinity 2

Post by Jonathan »

trashbin17 wrote: What does seem to fix it is unplugging the controller before firing up the game, and then plugging it back in once it's loaded. Not ideal, and not something I need to do with any other software.
This is a trick to skip the game picking up the controller when it starts. Are you sure the game has no controller support? Try running without Xpadder and see.

trashbin17

Re: Camera snap-back in Divinity 2

Post by trashbin17 »

Hello Jonathan - thanks for the reply, and apologies I didn't get back sooner (I left on vacation). I tried it without Xpadder and while the game still doesn't seem to support gamepads, I did try moving the camera with the mouse and hitting a button on my controller just to see. And the camera snapped back then, too. So it looks like it wasn't a problem with Xpadder but perhaps the game itself.

Return to “Other questions”