Auto loading of profiles

purplec

Auto loading of profiles

Post by purplec »

I would like to use xpadder in an arcade machine that I have built, is it possible for me to use xpadder and have the profiles auto load.

I know there was a way of using lnk files to load the profile but I am not sure how to set these up correctly. Any help would be great

thank you
Purplec

MichaelB

Re: Auto loading of profiles

Post by MichaelB »

in the settings there should be a check box for autoopen last used profile.
and other options you might want.

jidz

Post by jidz »

i think he means that if he loads another game in his arcade machine, it would switch profile.

Chr1s
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Chr1s »

Does the emulator in question change the window title when the game is changed? If so, the newest Beta version of Xpadder can change the profile automatically based on that.

If not, however, you'll have to use the much more difficult shortcut method.

myspacee

Post by myspacee »

You can use this little tool that automatically changes the currently loaded xpadder profile when the window focus changes.

It's available at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9X6CZWL7.

To set up the program:

1. Run the executable. There's no installer, just one .exe file.
2. The program will prompt you to locate xpadder.exe, do so.
3. The program will then prompt you to locate the "master profile" which is the profile that loads by default and if there is not assignment for the current window.
4. You're now ready to start using the program.

To use the program, open the application that you want to associate a profile with.
FOr example, I have a profile for firefox, so I would open firefox and make sure it is in focus. (The last title bar you've clicked will be the one in focus.)
Once the app you want is in focus, press Alt+q to assign a profile to that application. Do this for every application that you want a profile to be loaded automatically for.

ini options:

keyboard_hotkey=q
sound=off
traytip=off
start_also_Xpadder=off
run_if_hotkey_hold_down=shutdown.exe /s /t 10 /f
Xpadder_path=D:\Prj\myScript\86_xpadder_wrapper\Xpadder.exe
Xpadder_master_profile="D:\Prj\myScript\86_xpadder_wrapper\alpha.xpadderprofile"
start_with_master_profile=off

Remember that the keyboard_hotkey *reserves* the
chosen key, so you can't use it for anything else.

Now, if the currently focused windo doesn't have a profile set, the program automatically loads the master profile. (If it has been set.)

purplec

Post by purplec »

Hi lads

Sorry for the late reply but I will give the new version of xpadder a go as it has auto load and see how i get on.
Thanks again for your replys.

Great site

Purplec

Return to “Other questions”