cannot load xpadder. get error message

mtngriz

cannot load xpadder. get error message

Post by mtngriz »

When I click on Xpadder.exe in the Winzip window I get an error message....
Unsupported windows version detected.
Detected unknown
required 2000 XP, Server 2003, Vista
Requires advanced features only supported by above versions

I have Windows Home Edition 64 bit. Can someone clear this up for me please?
Thanks

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: cannot load xpadder. get error message

Post by Terra Branford »

I don't think you can run Xpadder while it's still archived. You will need to extract it to an actual folder location in your computer, since it generates an .ini file for configuration details.

mtngriz

Post by mtngriz »

TBD2009 wrote:I don't think you can run Xpadder while it's still archived. You will need to extract it to an actual folder location in your computer, since it generates an .ini file for configuration details.
I have it extracted to a separate folder and get the same results.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

That... is weird. I've not heard of this happening before. We'll need to know just a bit more about which version of Xpadder you're using, that's causing the error. Are you using the most recent download (found here: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2152 ), or an older version? And when you say "Home", I'm assuming you mean Vista Home, right?

mtngriz

Post by mtngriz »

TBD2009 wrote:That... is weird. I've not heard of this happening before. We'll need to know just a bit more about which version of Xpadder you're using, that's causing the error. Are you using the most recent download (found here: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2152 ), or an older version? And when you say "Home", I'm assuming you mean Vista Home, right?
I'm sorry, dealing with the Norwalk flu virus has fuddled my brain a bit. I have Windows 7 Home edition 64 bit.
I just downloaded yesterday, the paid Jonathan Firth version which I assume is the latest
Got this receipt message via e mail: The latest version of Xpadder, full forum access and free updates forever

mtngriz

Post by mtngriz »

mtngriz wrote:
TBD2009 wrote:That... is weird. I've not heard of this happening before. We'll need to know just a bit more about which version of Xpadder you're using, that's causing the error. Are you using the most recent download (found here: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2152 ), or an older version? And when you say "Home", I'm assuming you mean Vista Home, right?
I'm sorry, dealing with the Norwalk flu virus has fuddled my brain a bit. I have Windows 7 Home edition 64 bit.
I just downloaded yesterday, the paid Jonathan Firth version which I assume is the latest
Got this receipt message via e mail: The latest version of Xpadder, full forum access and free updates forever
I paid ten CAD dollars via PayPal and I see the version I got was 5.3 Should I uninstall that as it sure is not up to date. What a lot of messing around for a ten dollar software program.

mtngriz

Post by mtngriz »

TBD2009 wrote:I don't think you can run Xpadder while it's still archived. You will need to extract it to an actual folder location in your computer, since it generates an .ini file for configuration details.
I finally got it to work. v 11.17 after chasing around in the forums and finally finding the right item to click on.
Note: Make them bigger for we with not the best vision. LOL
Have a Happy New Year.
Now on to learn to use it.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Are you sure you get Version 5.3? Version 5.3 is so old that it isn't compatible with Windows7, so it would really explain your problem.
But actually this should be the current situation, which means v2010.06.03. :?

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Whoa... how the heck is it that you ended up with such an ancient version?! How in the multiverse did that happen? Either way, at least now you have the correct version...

Return to “Other questions”