Something Buggy is going on.

dd506e9a3017d725

Something Buggy is going on.

Post by dd506e9a3017d725 »

This is a crazy issue. Okay, so I have everything working. I only have one issue left and I'm good to go, I hope.

When I was playing COD4 with my 360 controller I notice I was having a hard time aiming. Normally I am pretty dead on with my aim so I knew this was an issue. So I went back to my desktop to run some test with the cursor. I went into the options for my right DPad stick and made adjustments after adjustments. I increased the response time, I increased the speed and I even reinstalled the software to see if I could get it to respond right. You see, when I am on my desktop I move my Dpad in different patterns. Circles, squares and triangles. The arrow has major trouble following the patterns. When I am doing circular patterns it does pretty good on the left half but on the right half it barely moves. Then when I move the Dpad from left to right or from right to left, it delays before moving.

Okay, now here is the strange part. When I go to the settings to adjust the deadzone, to the left is a circle where you can see the deadzone adjustments. When I move my Dpad around in circles around the red area, it performs beautifully. But while I am making perfect circles around the red circle my cursor is making the worst circles ever. I can do any pattern in the deadzone area with no problems but while I am doing the patterns the cursor is doing its on thing.

This seems like the software and not the controller. Again, I have reinstalled the software and have created new profiles to see if I can get it to work but no luck. Anyone else have this issue or had this issue and can help me out.

Thanks for all of the help!

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Something Buggy is going on.

Post by mnl1121 »

Are you sure your controller isn't worn down? Its possible the d-pad doesn't register correctly all the time. Not to mention the 360 controller's d-pad has known problems. MS didn't design the d-pad correctly somehow and didn't leave enough room on the right side. This results in the d-pad hitting the right side of its shell and not always registering. This is possibly the cause of your problems.

dd506e9a3017d725

Post by dd506e9a3017d725 »

I now know the issue. The cursor moves faster the further I press in a certain direction. So when I am turning to a certain direction on the game it starts slow then moves fast.

Is there an option to make it stay at on speed?

The reason it is not the controller is because it works just fine on games that have the 360 option.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

dd506e9a3017d725 wrote:I now know the issue. The cursor moves faster the further I press in a certain direction. So when I am turning to a certain direction on the game it starts slow then moves fast.

Is there an option to make it stay at on speed?
The mouse movement speed graph starts slow and then increases to the max speed you set. If you map the mouse to the thumbstick then moving the stick a little moves the mouse at the slowest speed while moving the stick as far as it will go will move the mouse at the fastest speed.
To mimic this behaviour with buttons or the Dpad, the mouse speed starts off slow and increases in speed while you hold the button.
The only way to stop this is to set the mouse speed to the lowest so the graph is flat. This will move the mouse at the lowest speed all the time.

The feature X involving new mouse speed options will add support for constant button/dpad mouse speeds at other speeds but for now the slowest speed is the only way to make it constant.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

One thing I noticed in these posts is you refer to the right DPad on the 360 controller. This controller has one Dpad and it's on the left side just below the the left stick. The right side has the right stick and four buttons; A,B,X,Y. Your problem may be caused if you configured your right stick in the Dpad section of the controller configuration. I would try to re-detect your sticks.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

oh your right Cable. OP what do you mean by the "right d-pad stick"?

Return to “Other questions”