Xpadder auto-assigning axes and buttons.

fael097

Xpadder auto-assigning axes and buttons.

Post by fael097 »

hi, i'm trying to create a new controller, and when i go to new> and try to add a stick (or anything) it auto assigns everything to the X axis, like it was in use (obviously its not, and its not a calibration problem aswell, joystick is centered, and has a deadzone to make sure it wont move.)

also, i used xpadder before (different version probably) in a friend's pc, with my joystick, and that didnt happen. whats the problem?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder auto-assigning axes and buttons.

Post by SGTCableDog »

What controller are you using?

Click on the controllers tab at the top left of the main Xpadder window to open the controller properies. The axis bars should be centered.

Only xbox 360 controllers will have the XInput bars.

fael097

Post by fael097 »

yep, they are centered and steady, however when i'm creating a new controller, more specifically, when i go to "sticks", and i click the "enabled" checkbox, before i can read the message "push stick 1 left", the X axis gets assigned, without any input from me. in fact, it might take one or two seconds for the x axis to auto assign, so being quick i managed to create the controller, but thats probably a bug or something cant be sure. but thats fine, i managed to workaround

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

One thing is strange. If an axis isn't centered, Xpadder doesn't detect it as moved. It has to keep moving.

You managed it by quickly moving the specific axis, but anyways I still want to mention that you can also select the axes manually if the auto detection went wrong for some reason.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Before detecting axes Xpadder reads the controller to determine what an idle state looks like. Some axis are 0 and increase when moved, some start at 32767 and move up or down. Once Xpadder knows how an axis looks when unused it can determine how the axis has been moved so it can assign the axis correctly.
Maybe the X axis very sensitive - have a look in the Controller Properties window as Cable suggested and see what axis X is up to!

fael097

Post by fael097 »

idk what caused that problem, but it never happened again.
thanks anyways!

Return to “Other questions”