Restricted Access

w_heintzelman

Restricted Access

Post by w_heintzelman »

I have XPadder and I'm running it on Windows 7 using an XBox 360 wired controller.

I've just started playing APB: All Points Bulletin and the game has some bugs with controller use; even if an action is "Unbound" (for instance firing your gun) it may still be linked to a button. Continuing the gun firing example, I like to use the Right trigger to fire and the Left trigger to zoom/focus but even after I changed the in-game settings, the Right trigger was still assigned to the Use action (which is mainly for opening doors or jumping fences).

Obviously this is a game fault so here comes the real question:
Is there ANY way to restrict access of the XBox controller to ONLY XPadder so that the game doesn't recognize it and I can setup my own button settings?

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Restricted Access

Post by Primal Fear »

I made this post about work arounds for this issue.
The third possibility should work for you, but it is possible that the cheat protection of the game will kick you because of that non-standard file.
In that case remove the file and try possibility one.

w_heintzelman

Post by w_heintzelman »

I just tested option 3 and it worked like a charm, you can add APB to the list.

Also, I didn't locate the other post in my search, I suppose I'll just look deeper next time before posting.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have added it, thanks for your reply. ;)

w_heintzelman

Post by w_heintzelman »

Well, I've done a little more testing. Although your fix worked (the game no longer reads controller input), there must also be a system in place that blocks other programs from pressing keys because in-game my controls are not being read. Even at the login screen after the .exe has been launched.

I suppose I'll have to look through the input .ini files for the game and try to remove whatever defaults they have set.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you already [url=games.http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1574]run XPadder as admin[/url]? This is necessary for PunkBuster protected

Return to “Other questions”