Street Fighter IV AE. Tried everything.

EnrageD420

Street Fighter IV AE. Tried everything.

Post by EnrageD420 »

It was recently released and it has problems detecting fight sticks in general, xpadder was supposed to be a work around so i bought it.

I followed all the steps, creating a profile, even assigning all the buttons to the default SFIV KB profile. But it won't work in game, I set up the Home button on the fightstick to the Home button on the kb (the button that brings up the GFWL menu), and it seem's to be the only button that will register, i then can use the joystick and buttons for the GFWL menu's but the second i go in game nothing works.

I have disconnected and closed xpadder, launched the game, then reconnected and launched xpadder, didn't work
I rebooted, didn't work.
It works outside of game (i bound buttons to QWER, ASDF, and i can type with those buttons right now).
I have ran as administrator even though i have already disabled UAC.

I have tried everything I've seen here in the forums, anybody else got any tips? I have a Hori FS3, Windows 7, SFIVAE on Steam.

My xpadder setup:

Works as inteded in SFIV vanilla.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Street Fighter IV AE. Tried everything.

Post by SGTCableDog »

By default Xpadder minimizes to the notification area/system tray when you click the close button. To fully close Xpadder right click the notification area icon and choose "close".
Now try running Xpadder as administrator.

EnrageD420

Post by EnrageD420 »

SGTCableDog wrote:By default Xpadder minimizes to the notification area/system tray when you click the close button. To fully close Xpadder right click the notification area icon and choose "close".
Now try running Xpadder as administrator.

I have already made sure to set the properties to run as admin, and even rebooted the comp with xpadder and my FS3 unplugged, launching both after launching the game, still no-go.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Could be the problem is that the game detects the controller input (although it doesn't work) and so ignores keyboard and mouse input? Try to use the keyboard while holding a button on the controller.

Return to “Other questions”