WASD to left stick trouble, cant get what I want.

seven_force777

WASD to left stick trouble, cant get what I want.

Post by seven_force777 »

Superb program, i love xpadder. BUT, i had one issue right off the bat which, even after hours of tinkering, has not been solved.

I have assigned WASD keys, utilized for movement to my left analog stick. The game i am testing is TES: Oblivion. Problem is, i cant get my character to move without feeling like a drunk. Example: i want to walk STRAIGHT forward, but just the slightest deviation left or right on the stick (which is inevitable) results in unwanted diagonal/strafe movement. VERY annoying.

I've tried messing with various settings which seem like they would solve my problem, but nothing works. This is a complex issue to explain over the forum, but i think my attempt has been sufficient. I want to be able to walk straight back or forward reliably and move side to side only when i want to.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: WASD to left stick trouble, cant get what I want.

Post by Primal Fear »

This problem isn't caused by Xpadder, the reason for that is the native controller support.
Deactivate it by opening the Oblivion.ini, you'll find it under "My Documents/My Games/Oblivion", and edit the value "bUse Joystick=" from 1 to 0.

The native controller support of Oblivion is total garbage. No support for the menus, much too high sensitivity for moving left/right. And with the Xbox360pad the right stick normally doesn't work, but therefor the triggers are for looking left/right.

seven_force777

Post by seven_force777 »

Already did that.

Do you happen to have a copy of oblivion and have you tried xpadder with it?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Yes, I do have this game.

If you are sure that the native controller support is disabled, you can configure the diagonal size in the stick settings. Left click on the tool symbol near the stick with the movement assignments and then on "Settings...".
The value 45 is standard and works good for me. Lower it to make the darker diagonal areas smaller.

seven_force777

Post by seven_force777 »

Tried that too. This is weird. I'm gonna fire up obliv. without xpadder running and see if joystick support is indeed gone. I KNOW i properly changed the ini.

Return to “Other questions”