MS Dual Strike

Foggy

MS Dual Strike

Post by Foggy »

MS has given up on Dual Strike (DS) owners so I'm plsed to find you.

However.....The DS has one dpad, which I have assigned movement WASD (no problem).
This leaves the ball joint on the controller, which should act as 'look' (up/down/left/right i.e. in place of mouse movement). xpadder won't allow me to use a stick as it is not analog and it appears I'm only allowed one dpad. I know that I can assign the dpad to act like the mouse and control 'look' but as I appear to only have 1 dpad option in xpadder, I can't play with both at the same time.

Is there a way of having 2 dpads on the profile or some other way of being able to control WASD and 'look' at the same time.

Many thanks for your help.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: MS Dual Strike

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder does support only one DPad per controller. My idea would be to install PPjoy and to pass on the second Dpad to a virtual joystick of it.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 21 Sep 2011, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Primal Fear wrote:Xpadder does support only one DPad per controller. My idea would be to install PPjoy and to pass on the second Dpad to a virtual joystick of it.

Thanks primal,
I appreciate your help. I only wish I knew what it meant! :oops: I've had a quick look at the PPjoy link but it looks like i've got a bit of research ahead. I wonder if Jonathan can programm 2 dpads?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

First sorry. :oops: I had another look on PPjoy and it doesn't work anyways. Strangely the virtual joystick can have a Dpad but the Joystick Remixer (the program that that takes input of a real controller and gives it to the virtual joystick) doesn't support Dpads, no matter in which direction.
I also tried another program than can alter how some Games and also Xpadder sees the controller. But as it is still pretty buggy it didn't work too, although it principally should.

My recommendation, maybe you have already tried something of them:
²...²=only if you have more than one controller
  • 1. Try to configure the joint as stick (in the original software was a joystick mode for it)
    or
    2. Try to configure the real Dpad as 4 buttons (the Dpads of some controllers work also as buttons)
    or
    3.Open the Windows Game Controller Control Panel by clicking on the controller tab of this controller ²when it is already selected² and then in the Controller Properties window on "Control Panel...".
    In the game controller control panel click on ²the entry of the Dual Strike and then on² "Properties". Is there any setting to change the mode of the joint?

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Thanks again primal, but....
1. Original disc won't play in W7 64 bit. But I think the answer was no anyway.
2. I got really excited about this idea. But unfortunately the DS didn't and the dpad can't be configured this way.
3. In short....no.

I posted in 'suggestions' for a second dpad and Jonathan has answered that one will follow in the future. I hope it's soon.

Many thanks and If you think of anything else, plse let me know. It looks like I might have to buy an xbox controller and spend the rest of my days staring up to the sky (this is what I do if my kids let me on their xbox).

Cheers, Foggy

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I think as long the joint only a Dpad (so digital), it is anyways pretty impractical for aiming.

If you are interested to have something similar to this joint, I can recommend the SplitFish DualSFX Evolution. It has a mode where you can tilt the right controller (like Six-Axxis of PS3 controllers) to replace the right stick. That would be the same as with this joint, but it is fully analog.
And it's cheap to get, I have paid 19,90€ inclusive shipping.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Thanks for the advice. I've done some research and have found mixed reviews on the splitfish. However, the search has led me to reviews of the Fragnstein, which gets better reviews particularly for FPS, which are my game of choice. I'm looking for the best value at the moment because (as you might know) we get ripped off in the UK. The cheapest UK stockist is currently out of stock, but if/when I get it I'll let you know.
Mean time I still would appreciate Jonathan programming an extra dpad.

Kind regards,

Foggy

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Bannco (the company behind the FRAGnStein) doesn't exist anymore, so I guess you can stop waiting for it. A company named Tuact sells these controller now under the name Aimon PS and XB.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Just bought the aimon ps, which seams good to me but i need to iron out a couple of setup probs. But otherwise its looking good

Return to “Other questions”