N64 Controller with Project 64

eaavendano

N64 Controller with Project 64

Post by eaavendano »

ok, the problem is not really using the n64 controller with Project 64 but that when I create a new layout for a real nintendo 64 controller the analog stick seems to get stuck on the upper left corner and I can tell since the analog image on the purplish layout has green square images pointing towards the direction of wherever I move the analog stick to. The problem is also not the control since I have tested it with 3 different ones. So can this just be a bug with Xpadder? Thanks for any replies. :?:

I'm also using Xpadder 5.6

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: N64 Controller with Project 64

Post by Jonathan »

From the Controller menu can you select Copy, reply to this topic and then Paste. This will paste the controller information into the forum so we can see it.

eaavendano

Post by eaavendano »

;--- Xpadder Controller Data ---
Version=5.6
Name=USB GamePad
Stick1UpLocation=36,158
Stick1RightLocation=68,190
Stick1DownLocation=36,222
Stick1LeftLocation=4,190
Stick1XAccess=Axis X
Stick1YAccess=Axis Y
Stick1Name=Stick 1
StickUpName=Up
StickRightName=Right
StickDownName=Down
StickLeftName=Left

The above is the info. I move the control stick and the stick tends to get stuck in the upper, upper left corner so when I try to play a game the character moves in an upward direction. It only tends to get untuck when I hit the stick towards the bottom.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The data seems fine. It's probably a problem with the stick... sticking!
Go to the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel (there's a handy link to in the Controller menu you used - click the Properties item and then the Control Panel button at the bottom of that new window).

Try testing your controller in the control panel. See if you can get the problem to occur there while Xpadder is off.

Also, I think there are some joystick options in PJ64 so check they are off in case they are confusing the game.

Return to “Other questions”