Help With Hold / Release

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Help With Hold / Release

Post by Errol »

I need to press a button and fire a command, when the button is released it must fire a different command. Now I've set the Left Shoulder button with a certain command and the "A" button with a similar command. I've pretty much have it solved on the "A" button, but I've assigned a special sequence to the Left Shoulder button and its OK / GO but for some reason I'm not getting the word to setup in Notepad which when pressed will be OK and when released will be GO. Please have a look and see if what I've done with both commands would need the necessary changes or corrections. I've posted the Codes below.
Any help on this would be appreciated. Please give me the answer by posting the Codes, that would really be appreciated.

Code: Select all

Errol's Profile Hold/Release
;--- Xpadder Profile File ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.06.24

[Profile Settings]

[Set Settings]

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Name=Hold/Release
Set1Button1Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.01s,X,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,DISTANCE ZONE 1%,Y,HOLD ZONE 0.01s
Set1Button5Name=Hold/Release
Set1Button5Slots=O,K,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,G,O

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Help With Hold / Release

Post by Primal Fear »

These are no Sequences but key combinations, a Sequence contains Pauses. Your assignment on A has many unnecessary components, so I have corrected both assignments.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2011.07.25
Name=(Pasted Profile )
Set1Button1Name=Hold/Release
Set1Button1Slots=X,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Y
Set1Button5Name=Hold/Release
Set1Button5Slots=O,PAUSE 0.01s,K,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,G,PAUSE 0.01s,O
I would actually expect that the assignment on A should work with a 0.01 Hold Zone, but it does't. So 0.02s.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Help With Hold / Release

Post by Errol »

Ah yes Primal as usual, to the rescue, I know I can count on your genuine help. Thanks very much. You're the man. I really and truly appreciate you posting the Codes. That helps a lot and makes things very easy. Oh and thanks for correcting me about the Key Combinations and not sequence. As I said in a previous post I stand to be corrected...

Return to “Other questions”