clueless

jimmysagoodboynow

clueless

Post by jimmysagoodboynow »

Ok, so i got xpadder downloaded. Currently losing mind trying to figure out what the hell you guys are talking about. I can't even figure out how to access xpadder program to fool around with it. Becomming very pissy. Help!

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: clueless

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder is a simple stand alone program, no installation needed, just copy the program to its own folder and run. I recommend not using the Program Files folder due to access issues. If your controller is plugged in and recognized by Windows then Xpadder should look like the following:

Click the area highlighted above to start creating your controller layout.

Once Xpadder looks like the following, you can start cut and paste profiles from the forums.

jimmysagoodboynow

sweet.. I got that far ok.. But, for some reason, i thought I needed to restart my computer. Now I can't even find xpadder so that I can start tweeking and pasting or whatever. I had to go chill b4 even looking at my computer again. frustrated, but hopeful. Thanx for replying, any more info would be appreciated.

jimmysagoodboynow

i'm begenning to think i need to learn how to play the keyboard.. If i can just get back to the program itself, (like the diagram above) I just might be able to figure it out. maybe... do i need to download it again? help!....

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you have Windows7, simply open the Start Menu and type "Xpadder" (in the Start Bar).

I recommend to directly right click Xpadder, to click on "Properties", to open the tab "Compatibility" and to check "Run this program as administrator" on the lower end. This is necessary for the most actual games to detect Xpadders input.
After clicking on "OK", start Xpadder via the Start Bar.

There are several ways to ease the Xpadder startup:

1.Have Xpadder automatically starting with Windows
Open the Xpadder Settings by clicking in the main window on the tool symbol in the upper right edge.
Click on the left on "Options" (should be already selected) and check the option "Start with Windows (auto-minimized)".
2.Pin to Start Menu (Windows7)
3.Pin to the Taskbar (Windows7)
4.Create a shortcut on the Deasktop or in the Programs folder in the Start Menu

jimmysagoodboynow

thanx for your ideas.. I don't quite understand why but the search function is not finding xpadder. I guess i'll try to find a way to download it again and specify a file name for it..

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

if its not saved in a main directory like downloads or documents you probably wont find it with the Start menu search box

all depends on where you download it to eg. if select run it downloads it to your temp files dir. if select save it downloads it to same place as run(only with ie9)saves it to whatever dir is selected(in ie9 you click arrow on the save button to select save as)

jimmysagoodboynow

Solution: I could't find it anywhere, so I downloaded xpadder again. Everything worked fine after I spent some time to figure it out. Now happily cappin' biscuits in mw3, which as you know, has no local pad support. Thanks.. not so clueless anymore.

Return to “Other questions”