need some help......

mcgarrykeven123

need some help......

Post by mcgarrykeven123 »

ok so i bought xpadder and set out my layout for mw2 pc but when i play the mouse sensitivity is way to fast i tried lowering the in game sensitivity and it works untill i aim down my sight then its really fast and inaccurate so my question is there a way to fix this like setting or something? so basicly theres only a problem when i push L1 and aim down my sight then try to move it with the right anlog stick btw i am using a ps2 dual shock controller with usb adapter

mcgarrykeven123

Re: need some help......

bump...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Click on the tool symbol near the stick with the mouse movement assigned and then click on "Mouse Settings...".
Here you can change the mouse emulation speed with the two slider for each axis individually.

You can configure the mouse speed for each Set individually. So if you want a slower mouse movement while having the sights up, you only need to assign a Set Selector ("While Held") on the button for the sights and to recreate every assignment you could need while having the sight up in this new Set. Also be aware the assignment for the sights has to be in this new Set too.
You should have a look for example on my STALKER profile that uses this technique.
As a note, I use Oke_Doke's while held glitch workaround for the Set selection. This is only because I use more than one "While Held" Set Selector in this profile, so to avoid getting stuck in one Set. If you only use the Set Selection for this only function, you can do it this way with two-Way but you can also simply use "While Held".

mcgarrykeven123

i dont understand what ur saying... set selector on the aim button and do what? sorry kinda new at this

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I guess you understood how to change the mouse speed.

So to the Set's:
On the bottom of the Xpadder main window you see these numbers 1-8, these are the Sets. You select them by clicking on these numbers (at the beginning is always Set1 selected), to configure for each Set different assignments.
To switch between these sets while playing you can assign as "Set Selector" to any button by right clicking on desired button, moving the cursor over "Set Selector"->the desired Set and clicking on the wished way how to change the Set (one-way, two-way or while held). If you hold your aim button to aim then choose "while held" if you tap it to switch from one mode to the other chose to way.

There is a ready set up profile for this game with this feature here, but it's for the Xbox360 controller. If you use Motioninjoy as driver for your controller you can use Oke_Doke's profile converter to convert it for the PS2 pad. Use the "swap shoulder and trigger assignments" option to have L1 and R1 for shoot and aim.

mcgarrykeven123

i tried the pre made profile and tryed to convert it to ps2 but the sensitivity is worse then the one i had made it flys all over the screen without aiming down sights and aiming down sights i dont need another profile i just want the sensitvity for when i aim down the sight to be slower then the look sensitivity so its just like mw2 for xbox 360 and ps3 maybe just tell me what to set the sensitivity at like what number? im sorry for all the trouble but i just bought a 1800 dollar gaming laptop for mostly this reason to play mw2....

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I cannot simply tell which mouse emulation speed you need to select. It depends on your personal preference, on the game and what mouse sensitivity you have configured in the game and in Windows. You have to try that out.

You do that the best as follows:
1.Start the game and reset the mouse sensitivity setting of it back to default. Load a single player game and keep staying on a save spot. Test the aiming with the right stick and remember if it is to slow or to fast.
2.Press Alt+Tab to switch out of the game and open the Xpadder mouse settings to adjust the mouse emulation speed. Tab back into the game and try it out. Simply do that as long as you are happy with the setting, it shouldn't so hard.

Usually you should use something between 30 and 100. With more than 100, the mouse movement starts first really slow and when you move the stick further then the speed increase abruptly. If 100 should be still to slow you should also increase the mouse sensitivity setting in the game.

mcgarrykeven123

ok thanks ill try

Return to “Other questions”