deactivating different xpadder profile

larry

deactivating different xpadder profile

Post by larry »

Hope someone can help because I have looked all over google and can't seem to find the answer. I downloaded a different version of xpadder than the one from xpadder.com. The program runs fine for the game Dragon Nest, and works with the button setting that I programmed on it.

The problem is I cannot seem to stop it from working or even change the button setting for another game I am trying to play, Vindictus, or use my logitech profiler to override it. So I deleted every file that I can find related to that xpadder, but that same button layout I used for Dragon Nest remains active on my Logitech F310 controller.

Then I downloaded the xpadder on xpadder.com hoping that program would override the one that's running on my computer. But that didn't do anything different.

Has anyone experienced this or know how to know deactivate the old xpadder setting that I had?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: deactivating different xpadder profile

Post by Primal Fear »

You have probably configured Xpadder to start every time with Windows and to automatically load the last used profile.
In the system tray on the right side of your Taskbar should be a small Xpadder logo, probably in the in the hidden area so you first have to click on the small up arrow icon (I suppose you use Windows7, otherwise it will look a little bit different, but the position and the Xpadder loge are the same).
You have two possibilities to make Xpadder not working:

1.Close Xpadder completely by right clicking on this small icon and then clicking on "Close".
But before you should open the main window and open the settings by clicking on the tool symbol in the upper right edge. On the left side should be "Options" already selected. So deactivate on the right side "Start with Windows", otherwise you will have the same problem again after restarting Windows.

2.You can also simply load an empty profile by opening the profile menu (right side) in the main window and clicking on "New...".
If you do that, then open the Settings->Options and disable "AutoOpen last used profile" instead. So you won't have this problem again after using a profile.

larry

Post by larry »

The same button layout remained active even after I closed the program the way you described. Only thing I haven't tried was "deactive start with windows". Also I can't even try it now, seeing as I deleted the program already.

So the question is how do I pull up the old xpadder program, I think there has to be way to make it appear since it's still running on computer. Any help is appreciated.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

larry wrote:The same button layout remained active even after I closed the program the way you described. Only thing I haven't tried was "deactive start with windows". Also I can't even try it now, seeing as I deleted the program already.
So the question is how do I pull up the old Xpadder program, I think there has to be way to make it appear since it's still running on computer. Any help is appreciated.
Alright I think I know whats your problem...

(Option 1) If Xpadder is running when windows start go into Task Manager and on the Processes Tab look for Xpadder.exe *32 right click on Xpadder in the process page and it will show you where Xpadder is located. You can edit the Xpadder.ini located in the same folder where Xpadder is by following the second picture below. You can also highlight Xpadder.exe *32 and End Process.

(Option 2) Lets start from when you downloaded Xpadder...Try to remember where you placed your download, it could be on your desktop in a folder or in Documents folder or your download folder where you download your stuff. However if you cannot remember, go back to download Xpadder and use the same web browser you used previously and do as if you are going to download, when you click on Xpadder v2012.01.19 the web browser will ask to save and it will show you where you saved your last download. As long as you did not move Xpadder from the downloaded area then it will be there.
Now open up Xpadder on your desktop, and at the extreme top right you'll see a Crescent Wrench next to a ? mark for the Options Menu. Now click on the Crescent Wrench and follow the picture layout I posted below. Make sure and follow the three arrows where they are pointed, and do as the picture indicate. I hope that will solve your problem.

Image Image
(Option 3) If for some crazy reason or the other you just can't find Xpadder on your PC and you think you deleted it altogether. Then you can download Xpadder again, this time make a note of where you downloaded it and follow the previous paragraph on option 2 and the first picture above.

larry

Post by larry »

So I did the reinstall of the program and then deactivates it using task manager. And that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help guys.

Return to “Other questions”