trying to wire 4 button "presses" of 3 micro's for a gear shifter in daytona

mxd

trying to wire 4 button "presses" of 3 micro's for a gear shifter in daytona

Post by mxd »

Hi All,

I'm in the midst of creating a MAME driving cab to use the Model 2 emulator, I am trying to wire my sega 4 speed gear box up for my driving cab, I have hacked a joystick and are trying to use xpadder as I need/want 1 button to be ALT-F4 to close the M2 (model 2)emulator and take me back to the FE (Hyperspin)

The sega gear stick comes with 3 micro's, so I have the gear stick Left / Right movement (the "neutral" position on a car gear stick) being the "earth" giver and the up and downs being the gears. Image

My problem is I don't get a consistent "key press" (I have the 4 wires mentioned above wired into Up, Left, Button 3 and Button 10, mapped to 1,2,3,4) when I change gears sometimes I get 4's constantly, other times it appears to work as expected for 3 of the gears. I think I need to use the button release feature, but I played and didn't have too much success (my noobness I dare say). Has anyone setup this type of profile are the ny suggestions that I could try ?

Another silly Q how do I stop the "when button 3 help hold 3" type thing as when I'm in notepad the 3 keeps repeating, when I was trying on release the number wouldn't release, and sometimes it would output ( I think it's timing related.

thanks
Matt

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Re: trying to wire 4 button "presses" of 3 micro's for a gear shifter in daytona

Post by Reboot »

"S" "Pause"

this will send only one "S" ,

Return to “Other questions”