XPADDER controller file wrongly associated

riverboat2001

XPADDER controller file wrongly associated

Post by riverboat2001 »

Don't know how this happened, but the above file got associated with Calibre (book management program)

So i changed it to notepad for the sake of my sanity.

Obviously this isn't correct, but because xpadder is an exe rather than being installed i cannot correct the issue.

I've uninstalled it and run a registry cleaner, but still on re-installation the association is back to calibre.

Can anyone help with this please.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: XPADDER controller file wrongly associated

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the Xpadder settings by clicking on the tool symbol in the upper right edge of the main window. Then click on the left side on the entry "Installation" and activate "Associate Files". If it is already active, then deactivate it, close Xpadder completely via the system tray (right click->close or middle click), restart Xpadder and open the settings to reactivate this setting.

riverboat2001

Post by riverboat2001 »

Nope, tried that, it is still wrongly associated.
Can't seem to correct it.

Cheers

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Then right click on a controllerfile, click on "Open With", select the second entry (Select from list) and click on OK, click on "Browse...", search manually for the Xpadder.exe, click on OK, make sure that "Always use the selected program..." is checked and click on OK.

riverboat2001

Post by riverboat2001 »

Sorted it, changed the association to open with notepad, and then managed to change it to correctly open with xpadder.exe Cheers

Return to “Other questions”