[Resolved] dual screen issue

eezynow

[Resolved] dual screen issue

Post by eezynow »

hello! I love xpadder.. but unlike most users, i don't actually use it for gaming.. I have a 360 controller which (with xpadder's help) I use as a remote controller for my PC - It comes in very very handy as my mouse, volume, and a few other common keys, on a home theatre style setup.. anyway, I'm using Windows 7 RC 64bit, (but xpadder runs in vista sp 2 legacy mode) I have two screens and nearly always, I have an issue where as soon as my cursor goes off the primary screen onto monitor two, it gets stuck there - and I can't nagivate back to the primary monitor. the cursor will move freely around the secondary monitor, but hits a wall at the edge of the screen... I have to use my mouse to get the cursor back. Weirdly, sometimes this does not happen and i can use my controller to freely move between both monitors - i can't work out why it sometimes works, but mostly doesn't. I have no idea if this is an xpadder issue, a 360 controller issue, or a windows issue or what. Any help you can offer would be appreciated!
cheeers, michael.
Last edited by SGTCableDog on 29 Aug 2009, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated subject

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: dual screen issue

Post by SGTCableDog »

Strange that it doesn't always happen. Perhaps it gets trapped when a certain program or window has focus? Are you using a third party utility to split you screen or are you using windows built in spanning ability? What programs and windows do you have open?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

From a technical point of view Xpadder simply tells the mouse pointer to move in the direction you want and Windows moves it. Unless you are using the mouse spring mode or positioning Xpadder windows Xpadder does not check or need to know which monitor the mouse pointer is on. There should never be a time when Xpadder cannot leave the 2nd monitor but the real mouse can. I think we need the answers to Cable's questions to figure this out.

eezynow

Post by eezynow »

hi - sorry for the delay in responding.. well - it seems i have wasted a bit of your time - i did indeed have a 3rd party app, 'displayfusion' set to run on startup which appears to be the culprit. all is fine with that off. thanks for your prompt suggestions. now i can continue to bask in the glow of my two monitors and remotely interact from afar. thanks a bunch.

Return to “Other questions”