On Screen Keyboard Xpadder Freeze

QuadJix

On Screen Keyboard Xpadder Freeze

Post by QuadJix »

Jonathan, thanks for the new 8 version.
In Win 7, using the 'on screen keyboard', (for disabled typing) (found under 'ease of access'), Xpadder will freeze when clicking on [-] or [X] minimize / close, or drag window. Otherwise, using 'on screen keyboard' is OK.
Tried latest version, same results. FYI, I am using a LogiTech Dual Action, G-UF13a, button #6 for left clic. To un-freeze, I can use the regular mouse, to clic on desktop, and then Xpadder is up again.
The Xpadder window, shows normal functions of all buttons and sticks during the 'Freeze'. As you wil see on my other post, that I have built mouth operated joystick mouses, for my friends who are
quadriplegic, hence the oportunity to find this anomally. So..... if you get a chance..... take a look at this please, and it's not life or death.

Again.... THANKS ! for this great program.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: On Screen Keyboard Xpadder Freeze

Post by Primal Fear »

That actually sounds like the UAC-issue. When the OSK is in focus, the mouse emulation of Xpadder stops working as Xpadder cannot interact with this window because of it's higher privileges.
But that should occur with every interaction with the OSK window. :?

Do you already run Xpadder as admin? I cannot cause this problem with Windows UAC completely disabled.

QuadJix

Post by QuadJix »

Primal Fear, Thanks for the idea..... but.... I could not make it work. I ran the 'on screen keyboard' as administrator, per the instructions on the link, but there was no difference, in that Xpadder would still freeze,
when I clicked on [-] or [X] or drag.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The OSK runs with administrator rights by design, it's Xpadder you need to run as admin.

QuadJix

Post by QuadJix »

DOH ! OK, the light bulb is now burning a little brighter..... Thanks for hanging in there with me, it now works as you said.
It just took that second try, to understand just what you were telling me to do. I shut down Xpadder, right clicked on exe file, selected 'run as administrator', for Xpadder, then brought up OSK, and ... ta-da... it operates without freezing ! THANKS ! Q.

Return to “Other questions”