Xpadder stopped working window is blank, can not close program or delete program.

anthonychinnis

Xpadder stopped working window is blank, can not close program or delete program.

Post by anthonychinnis »

problem went to use program first why can't you close the program after you use it? it doesn't have a shortcut? but now i can't uninstall it. it doesn't show up in the installed programs window in the control panel's programs and features mode. the xpadder's window is blank i click on it and nothing my installed game controller is gone. I hit the advanced button and the advanced settings window under preferred device has none. what is the matter? everything was working fine before. now this. HELP!! what do i do how do i fix this thing.
version 2012.05.01
system windows vista sp2 build 6002 64 bit
xinput v1.3 directx 2007+

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder stopped working window is blank, can not close program or delete program.

Post by Primal Fear »

anthonychinnis wrote:the xpadder's window is blank i click on it and nothing my installed game controller is gone.
If you see a moving magnifying glass with a basic scheme of a controller next to it in the upper left edge of the main window, there is no controller connected. Or at least it's not correctly installed, so Xpadder can't detect it. When you reconnect your controller, the controller file should be loaded automatically if you have saved it and closed Xpadder normally (normal Windows shutdown works too).
anthonychinnis wrote:I hit the advanced button and the advanced settings window under preferred device has none. what is the matter?
I assume you mean the "Advanced" button in the Windows Game Controller Control Panel that opens when you click on this icon with the magnifying glass in the upper left edge. Here is the list "Installed Game Controllers" one window before more interesting. There should be your controller listed. If it is empty, you have definitely no controller connected or installed.
anthonychinnis wrote:why can't you close the program after you use it?
You can close Xpadder in the "Notification Area" (or so called "System Tray") on the right side of you Task Bar.
anthonychinnis wrote:...but now i can't uninstall it. it doesn't show up in the installed programs window in the control panel's programs and features mode.
You cannot uninstall Xpadder as you never installed it. More informations here.
If you shouldn't know anymore to where you have downloaded Xpadder or where you have placed the Xpadder.exe, have a look here to read how to find it.

anthonychinnis

Re: Xpadder stopped working window is blank, can not close program or delete program.

Post by anthonychinnis »

How do i re install the windows controller back in if the problem is not Xpadder then the problem is in windows. why did my controller disappaired and where did it disappaired to? and how do i get it back in the "Advanced" button in the Windows Game Controller Control Panel?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Is your controller a wired or a wireless one?
What do the LED's around the Guide button show?
Does the controller currently work with other programs (mainly games)?

anthonychinnis

Post by anthonychinnis »

I have a wireless dreamgear shadow controller. when you go to the control panel on windows then click on game controllers and in that window no controllers are present. click on advanced button and in the advanced settings (none) is there in the drop down selection for controllers. what happened? how do I get my controller back. one day it was there and now its gone. the wireless controller works fine.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Is it this one, or is there an Xbox360 version of it that you use?

anthonychinnis

Post by anthonychinnis »

i don't have a xbox i use it on my PC which runs window vista 64 bit

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have asked if there is an Xbox360 version of this controller, as this controller (if it is really yours, but you didn't answer this question) works officially only for PlayStation3. Making an third party Xbox360 controller working on PC should be usually no problem (except that you possibly need a wireless receiver) while a PS3 controller is a bit more complicated and would definitely not work by itself.

However, if this is your controller:
You can try to install Motioninjoy as driver and hope that it works. If not you can forget using this controller on PC.

Return to “Other questions”