PS3 controller

x2495iiii

PS3 controller

Post by x2495iiii »

Okay, first, I already went through the help forums and found nothing useful. This is due in part to the help forums being largely unhelpful, and in part to the fact that I'm tired and unable to navigate the series of looping redirects that comprise the majority of them.

So please, if you're going to reply, just answer the question.

I connected a PS3 controller, and I have the drivers to make the computer and xPadder recognize it, but while my computer is receiving input from the controller's buttons (tested in the calibration screen), xPadder is not, and neither my computer nor xPadder are receiving input from the analog sticks.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: PS3 controller

Post by Primal Fear »

If you use Motioninjooy as driver, you need to start the DS3-Tool of it, to select the mode "Playstation 3" and to click on "Enable". You need to do that every time you want to use the controller after reconnecting it or after restarting your PC.

And as for Xpadder, did you create of better try to create the controller layout. Buttons will only be detected when then entry "Buttons" on the left side is selected.

x2495iiii

Post by x2495iiii »

I did the MotioninJoy enable thing already.

It didn't seem to have any effect on xPadder.

Also, why would I use xPadder if I'm already going to be using MotioninJoy?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If the Sticks doesn't work but the Dpad and the buttons, you have enabled the wrong mode, it needs to be Playstation 3. Motioninjoy loads by always only Playstation 1 first, which means that the sticks are none-existent in the driver.

Can you create your controller layout like explained in the walkthrough I have linked in my previous post?

Motioninjoy is basically a driver that is necessary to have your PS3pad working as a controller. Yes you can also emulate keyboard and mouse input with Motioninjoy, but it doesn't have such an comfortable interface like Xpadder and it has much less possibilities.

Return to “Other questions”