GTA IV

dadragon84

GTA IV

Post by dadragon84 »

I had a pirated version of xpadder that worked very well with GTA IV now that i finally bought the software it does not work at all please help

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: GTA IV

Post by Primal Fear »

You probably need to run Xpadder as admin, because of Windows UAC. If you lately switched from WindowsXP to a newer one, then this is the reason for that difference.

dadragon84

Post by dadragon84 »

i have ran is as admin and in compatibilty mode and still nothing

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Don't use the compatibility mode.
And just to make sure, you have completely closed Xpadder before running it as admin?

dadragon84

Post by dadragon84 »

ok i am not using compatibility mode and i ran it as admin and restarted my computer and it still does not work

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you made sure that Xpadder isn't running when starting it as admin, then you don't need and you shouldn't restart Windows.

If you have started Xpadder as admin via the context menu or by holding CTRL while clicking the .exe and restart your PC, then Xpadder will start again normally (provided you have "start with windows enabled").
If you have "run in administrator mode" in the compatibility tab, Xpadder won't start automatically as Windows seems not to want to shows the UAC Prompt directly after bootup.

Only via the TaskScheduler, Xpadder will start automatically with Windows with administrator privileges even without showing a UAC-Prompt.

dadragon84

Post by dadragon84 »

i did it via the taskscheduler and it does not want to work for GTA IV... all other games it works... and like i said the pirated version i got works for GTA IV but i wanted to pay for it

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have installed GTAIV: Episodes from Liberty City and activated UAC. Xpadder works for me without any problems in the game, even if Xpadder isn't running with administrator privileges.

Are you sure that the profile is loaded. Maybe a AutoProfile entry that isn't working as intended?

Edit: GTAIV (non Steam version, EFLC is a Steam version) self also works without any problems

dadragon84

Post by dadragon84 »

ok it works now... lol i was loading up my old profiles into it... i re did the profiles and it works just fine

Return to “Other questions”