Help with last few button (Guild Wars 2)

Roaziel

Help with last few button (Guild Wars 2)

Post by Roaziel »

Hi,
I've nearly perfected my layout for Guild Wars 2. It feels comfortable and it covers almost everything I need (except for chat of course). When I say Almost, there are 2 things left that I was hoping maybe someone around here could help me with. I made this youtube video that details what I've done so far and what I need help with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oo3vC3ZqH4

So the last 2 things are:

1. About face:
There is a button option in the game for instantly turning around, but the feature is for some reason disabled while holding down the right mouse button. And since there's a toggle that sets the mouse button to held down (I rarely untoggle it since I dont need to), the button is useless. I don't want to press 2 buttons just to turn around so I was wondering if anyone had an idea about how to make it so that xPadder very quickly turns off the Right-Mouse toggle, press the About Face button, and then toggle back to right-mouse button... Now as an added challenge, I want to map this to the left analog stick if it's held down. Right now, if the left stick is just clicked or tappet then it switches my weapon set, and I want to keep that, but if its held down it should turn me around... Would this be possible?

... I know, challenging, right?... Anyway...

2. Walk/Run
Of course you have two modes of movement in this game, walking and running. To switch between these two there's a button on the keyboard that toggles between the two modes, but sadly theres no way to make it "while held". For some reason the game doesn't have that option. My question is: Is it possible to make it so that I'm toggled into running mode if I push the analog stick a certain distance and then toggle back to walking if I bring it back?

Number 1 is obviously a lot more important since its an incredibly useful feature in a game like this where enemies spawn behind you and flank you. 2 would just be nice to have, but it's not as important as 1.

I hope someone has an idea of how to solve this.

Thanks in advanced,
Raz

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Help with last few button (Guild Wars 2)

Post by Oke_Doke »

Right Mouse is for dragging the camera around yes? I haven't had the pleasure of playing GW2 yet but it sounds like the same deal as GW1. You could double bind the mouse stick with right mouse button. That way when ever you use the mouse stick the right mouse button ticks on.
Just let go of the stick and hit the "About Face" button.
You could use set switching to use your mouse pointer when you need it.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button7Toggle=1
Set1Button7Turbo=1
Set1Button7TurboRate=2
Set1Button7SetSelect=1
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2),Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set2Button7Toggle=1
Set2Button7SetSelect=0
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Sorry I have no help for the walk/run toggle. You COULD use distance zones, but in my experience this eventually gets out of sync with the game. Toggling to walk when it should be run. Maybe Primal or someone has a better way.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

BTW: There a two ways to use a button as Set Selector and for a assignment.

The first would be a while held Set-Selector (or like Oke-Dokey did on the Back button with two-way and a Turbo of 0.02s) and a tap assignment in the destination Set. You only need to make sure that necessary functions are also assigned in the destination Set.

The other possibility is to use a two-way Set Selector and to prevent Xpadder switching the Set with Pause, either for Tap or for Hold. Like that:

DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Name=sw. after tapped
Set1Button1Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s
Set1Button1Toggle=1
Set1Button1SetSelect=1
Set1Button2Name=sw. after held
Set1Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1Button2Toggle=1
Set1Button2SetSelect=1
Set2Button1Toggle=1
Set2Button1SetSelect=0
Set2Button2Toggle=1
Set2Button2SetSelect=0
After one hour Xpadder will still switch the Set, but only if you didn't use the button for so long.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Here's an auto Toggle solution that doesn't require any sketchy set switching. It uses a looooooong TapTime for the Right Mouse Button

DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,X,PAUSE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2),PAUSE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2),PAUSE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2),TAP TIME 0.20s,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s
Tap to "X" (e.g. "About Face") once and then immediately hold "Right Mouse Button" for 1 hour. Hold the button for 0.20s (or switch sets) to turn off the pseudo toggle.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You don't need to place the key tap time slot in front of every key press (or mouse button press, in that case), it applies to every slot behind it. Also you can make Pause of 0.00s, that way the mouse button won't be shortly released after 10 and 20 minutes. The tap time slot and the hold zone slot at the end of the assignment are useless.
In addition I have changed the key tap time for X to 0.02, which reduces the time while the RMB is not pressed. But in practical use this will probably not even make any difference.

So simplified and slightly improved this assignment can look like that:

DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Pasted Profile )
Set1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,TAP TIME 0.02s,X,PAUSE 0.01s,TAP TIME 10m00.00s,Right Mouse Button (2),PAUSE 0.00s,Right Mouse Button (2),PAUSE 0.00s,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.20s

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Argh,i had it inside out again. Thanks!

Roaziel

Post by Roaziel »

oh man, if I only I knew what you guys were talking bout :(. This is all very cryptic for me @_@.

I tried this last code, but all it did was press the x-button of I tapped once, then it would right-click and get stuck.. im not really sure what the purpose is to that.. thanks for trying though. guess im just too stupid for this :\

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

The button is acting as both the toggle for right mouse button and About Face action.
Holding the button for longer than a quarter of a second should toggle off the right mouse button.
Change the X button to which ever key GW2 uses for the About Face action.

Return to “Other questions”