Logitech 3D Pro Joystick Profile Issue. Simultaneous Button Presses Not Recognized.

baobobafet

Logitech 3D Pro Joystick Profile Issue. Simultaneous Button Presses Not Recognized.

Post by baobobafet »

Logitech 3D Pro Joystick profile issue: http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3945

How can I fix the problem of when 2 buttons are pressed simultaneously that only one of them will operate?
Case: When flying forward on manual thrusters the keyboard allows multiple thrusters to be engaged at the same time.

This is unfortunately not the situation when using the upwards thrust and hat controller simultaneously on my existing Xpadder joystick profile. How to remedy this problem? No thruster button should ever give way to another.

When thrusters are fired, it's an "either or" scenario. If both buttons are pressed, I need both thrusters to work simultaneously. At the moment, it's one active thruster or the other. The game program itself is not at fault since I can activate both thrusters in tandem on the keyboard. Any ideas, solutions :?:

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Logitech 3D Pro Joystick Profile Issue. Simultaneous Button Presses Not Recognized.

Post by Oke_Doke »

Specifically which two buttons in that profile are causing the problem? The only scenario's where I've encountered mutual exclusivity is with either opposing directions or in cases where analog triggers share the same axis.

That profile for Pioneer has a rather lengthy description about analog configurations in the game and drift. You may need to take this up with the profile creator.
We can move this post to that thread if its a problem with that profile and not xpadder itself.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Logitech 3D Pro Joystick Profile Issue. Simultaneous Button Presses Not Recognized.

Post by Primal Fear »

Oke_Doke wrote:That profile for Pioneer has a rather lengthy description about analog configurations in the game and drift. You may need to take this up with the profile creator.
He's the profile creator himself.

@baobobafet:
I think you mean button 3 and 4 plus the hat switch in the Sets 2, 5 and 6. I have loaded your controller layout and the profile to a Xpadder Virtual Controller (a debug feature of Xpadder) and there is no obvious reason in the profile that a could cause that these buttons wouldn't work simultaneously (only possible reason would be a Set selector). Except of an unlikely bug (I mean, I would already have had many problems with such an bug), my only explanation would be a problem with your joystick.
If you doesn't have a profile loaded, press these two buttons at the same time with the Xpadder main window open. Do both buttons get green?

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Primal Fear wrote: He's the profile creator himself.
:oops:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

snip-snap happens :lol:
And no, I didn't write "snip-snap". Censorship! :twisted:

baobobafet

Post by baobobafet »

Oke_Doke Bound to happen :)
Primal: Yeah no problem with any buttons going green simultaneously. Thanks for the debug check btw, I suppose somehow I have to rule out the stick or Xpadder as the culprit. Honestly one of those things that makes little if any sense - since as I said, using the regular keyboard in game allow simultaneous thruster use.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the Xpadder Settings (tool symbol in the upper right corner of the main window), select the entry "Options" and activate "Show Debug Settings" (the last entry under "Window"). Now you should see three new entries in the Setting window, select "Debug - Keyboard" and activate "Test Enabled".
Now load your profile and press these two buttons. Does the keyboard test show the input of both buttons?

baobobafet

Post by baobobafet »

Hi :) Afraid no luck with that, all buttons pressed show up as green. I'm starting to doubt my original analysis :O There are more than a FEW gravity factors in the game I am using this on. I thought maybe I had the syntax wrong, and perhaps shouldn't be using the key return function(forget terminology) for thrusters to be maintained when pressed. Guess I will have to do some more checks on this. Sorry if this turns out to be a false alarm :)

Return to “Other questions”