Analogue pass through

Roblister

Analogue pass through

Post by Roblister »

I haven't used Xpadder for a long while. Last time was a simple project converting controller buttons to key presses. I muddled my way through. However now I need something totally different and I am a little confused.

It's a driving simulator that uses my Logitech G25 wheel. It works fine, but I would like to bring another controller into the mix which is where I hope Xpadder comes in. The sim only caters for one controller. What happens about the analogue channels on the G25. Do I have to convert them to button presses. The sim works great on the analogue channels and I definitely dont want to emulate my nice smooth analogue wheel to keypresses! Does it have a passthrough for functions you want left alone. It's just things like the H gearshift I need to output keystrokes and a second controller input to add it's input and produce keystrokes. So does windows see just one controller which is Xpadders output resulting from one or more physical controller inputs. But still passing through the analogue channels? Can I still leave the Logitech G25 software running that determines the degrees of turn the wheel will do.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Analogue pass through

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder doesn't affect the controller input of your wheel or any other controller. No matter if a button or axis movement has a keyboard or moue assignment or not, the game will still be able to read the controller input.

BTW: Please have a look here, did you ever had this error message?

Roblister

Re: Analogue pass through

Post by Roblister »

Thanks for that. After experimenting I found the controller outputs wernt affected and I kept the use of the analogue functions ok.

And yes I did get that error message but didnt understand it. I will try your suggestion.

Return to “Other questions”