Is Xpadder capable of this?

guitarfixer

Is Xpadder capable of this?

Post by guitarfixer »

I wanted to use Xpadder for a single purpose ...fake my sim racing games into thinking I was only using 3 controllers, as that is all the game allows.
I want to use 5 controllers:
T500 wheel
Seperate pedals
Button Box
H-shifter
Sequential shifter

I thought I could do this based on the fact that so many in the ISI/rfactor forums were recommending this software.
However, even though I have successfully mapped my h-shifter and sequential shifter to the keyboard (they show keystrokes in notepad), the game still recognizes that there are 5 controllers connected and it will not allow me to use 2 of them.
What has me so very confused is the fact that others are saying this is what they are using Xpadder for. ??

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Is Xpadder capable of this?

Post by Primal Fear »

Via Xpadder you are emulating keyboard input, so the game only has to allow the keyboard aside of the three other controllers.
You only need to bind the keyboard assignments in the game. If the game should prefer to detect the controller input instead of the assigned keyboard input, you can still bind the keyboard key directly via the keyboard.

guitarfixer

Post by guitarfixer »

Sorry for being so dense Primal Fear, but I don't understand.
I have 4 controllers connected, I am going to use all 4.
However my game only allows and detects 3 controllers.
I was trying to "fake" out the game by using Xpadder and re-mapping my shifter to the keyboard. I do not intend on using the keyboard as a shifter. I would still be using all 4 controllers.
Does Xpadder work in this way?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Of course you are not using the keyboard.
I suppose every gear of your shifter acts as one controller button (To be honest, I'm not aware of how such a thing works :? ) and let's say you have assigned the keyboard keys Numpad 1-6 to each gear, then you need to bind these keyboard keys in the game to the respective gears. You can do that by activating the gear with the shifter, but if the game now complains that it cannot handle more than three controllers then you still bind NP1-6 by pressing them on the keyboard. After that it should work to use the shifter together with the other controllers, as the games thinks the shifter is actually a keyboard.

guitarfixer

Post by guitarfixer »

Thank you very much for your help Primal Fear, I truly appreciate it.
I believe you've hit upon something that is probably the cause of my issue.

Most of the racing sims I play will ignore the Fanatec CSP v2 pedals (not the shifter or button box). I have no control over which controller they choose to ignore, at least not to my knowledge. I have not been successful re-mapping the buttons on the load cell pedals, in fact, I assumed that wasn't even possible.?
I don't think that's the direction to go in.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You could try to disconnect the two controllers that you want to use via Xpadder, then to start the game, to connect the two controller, tab out of the game, load the profile (or let a configured AutoProfil entry do that) and tab back in.

Of course this is everything else than comfortable.

guitarfixer

Post by guitarfixer »

Thanks again. I have indeed tried that, it will only work temporarily.

Return to “Other questions”