Xpadder sees 1 controller as 2

d4nf6

Xpadder sees 1 controller as 2

Post by d4nf6 »

I have a Derek Speare Track Boss button box controller that I use for iRacing. Xpadder finds 2 instances of the controller running, but I only have 1 connected to the computer. Is there a way to get Xpadder to see only one?

d4nf6

Re: Xpadder sees 1 controller as 2

Post by d4nf6 »

I went into Windows Device Manager and under Human Interface Devices, I found two identical instances of the button box running. I tried to uninstall one of them, but when I rebooted, both returned. So I then disabled one of them, and it remains disabled even when I reboot. Now only one shows up in Xpadder. I have no idea why Windows would have two instances of the same device running, but at least I figured out why two button boxes were showing up in Xpadder and how to shut down one of them.

dan08speed

Post by dan08speed »

I have the same problem...as d4nf6 :cry: :cry: :cry:
and i cant use xpadder with IRacing...doesnt work :?:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I don't think that that anything didn't work for d4nf6, the only problem was that there are two controllers detected where only one controller is connected. This shouldn't cause any problems, except that there is one totally useless controller listed in the Xpadder main window.

What's your problem exactly?

d4nf6

Post by d4nf6 »

Primal Fear is correct, even when Xpadder was seeing two button box controllers, it worked fine in iRacing. I was just trying to find out why the double occurrence was happening, but it did not impact Xpadder's functionality. dan08speed must be having some other issue that is preventing Xpadder from working in iRacing. His Xpadder profile file is alikely suspect. He should carefully read http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3711

dan08speed

Post by dan08speed »

Hi Primal Fear !
A clip i made for you .
May be better to see :) instead i explain to you.
I don t have a very good english speaking..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfF010a ... e=youtu.be

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I see three problems in the video that have most likely nothing to do with your problem with IRacing.

The first one is this second unnecessary controller of this button box, so this seems to be a regular problem of this controller. If you like, you can remove the second controller the following way:
  • 1.Connect only the button box and no other game controller
    2.Press Windows Key+R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
    3.The Device Manager will open, search under "Human Interface Devices" for the two "HID-conform game controller" entries, right click on of them them and click on deactivate.
    4.Close the Device Manager and restart Xpadder and you should only find one tab for the button box anymore
Then there are two problems with your Logitech G25. The first one it this error message that seem to occur with every Logitech G25 and G27 Racing Wheel. We already tried to find a solution for that in this topic to no avail, but I have seen that you have started Xpadder the second time as administrator and there were no error message. So does this error message also appear when you start Xpadder as administrator first before connecting the G25?

The other problem with the G25 should be simple. You seem to have three tabs of this button box, but this name is only the name of the controller file that has been loaded for the controller. You have probably loaded the controller file of the button box once for the G25, so Xpadder loads it automatically every time you connect the wheel. To see the real name of the controller, you have to open the controller properties.
To change the name showing up in the main window or the recent profile list in the tray menu, you only need to create and save a new controller layout for the G25.

And as for your main problem with IRacing, I suppose you have already tried running Xpadder as admin? Can you post your profile here?

dan08speed

Post by dan08speed »

Thanks a lot to take time for me...

I think i found the problem...same command on the box. :o

I gonna do some test and i let you know.

Thx again !

dan08speed

Post by dan08speed »

dan08speed wrote:
I think i found the problem...same command on the box. :o

Thx again !
Problem solved...same command on the box...conflict between the 2 commands.

Merci !!!

XPadder work very well.

Return to “Other questions”