Xpadder and Hitman Absolution

macdaddy8000

Xpadder and Hitman Absolution

Post by macdaddy8000 »

Hi Jonathan, i have some problems getting Xpadder to work properly with Hitman Absolution, i use Xpadder to emulate keyboard keys because im using a board on the floor with 8 buttons to play because i lost my right arm in an accident, the buttons are connected to an AnyCom JoyBox and connected to my pc via USB, it works with almost every game i play, but in the new Hitman i gets confused and think its an gamepad. I will also try and contact the makers of the game to find out if i can disable gamepad somehow.

Thx for your great work

Sincerely Sebastian

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder and Hitman Absolution

Post by Primal Fear »

Try placing this file into the folder with the .exe file of the game. If it works, then the game shouldn't be able detect Dinput controllers anymore.

If that doesn't work, you need a second controller for a Plan B.

macdaddy8000

Post by macdaddy8000 »

Primal Fear wrote:Try placing this file into the folder with the .exe file of the game. If it works, then the game shouldn't be able detect Dinput controllers anymore.

If that doesn't work, you need a second controller for a Plan B.
I will try....... Thank you for your help. :mrgreen:

macdaddy8000

Post by macdaddy8000 »

i think we have to try plan b....... :(

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Plan B:
Connect your second controller, press "Windows Key+R", type joy.cpl and press Enter. In the opening Game Controller Control Panel should both controllers be listed, click on "Advanced...", select the second controller as preferred device and close both windows with OK.

If it is working, the game should only detect input form the second controller but not from your AnyCom JoyBox.

nrmcneill

Post by nrmcneill »

I recently contacted the makers of Hitman Absolution, thier reply to this problem was something I expected, they didn't care, got my money, to bad, you should have bought an Xbox, response, as I read it between the lines. Just a lot of PR Bull with no solution, so I told them they were real Peaches about it, as I didn"t pay the pre-release reduced price, and again reminded them that Hitman Sniper Challenged worked fine, a thought entered me! Big Brother Microsoft was behind the thing, and had embeded their Xbox Controller into the Game, to bolster up their flagging sales in that department! :shock:

BTW, being Canadian, Im also a lot into Corporate conspiracy theories, but I diverge, and wander off topic from frostbite as a child....... :lol:

nrmcneill

Post by nrmcneill »

I have found a solution
!!!!!!
Eureka!!!!!!!
The conflict is in the running button; program the running button into your mouse, say middle button on the mouse, I did it worked, left click shoot/right click aim, and if you have a gaming mouse, program the pickup/drop/grab into the extra mouse buttons like I did. :ugeek:
Now us your Xpadder and the Controller of your choice for everything else; wasd, instinct etc, and it works fine for me on this end...I don't figure it. The Conflict was happening on the Sprint/run with Xpadder Hitman Absolution? It works anyways!!! :?:

Hope you get if figured like I did, have fun guys!! 8)

Return to “Other questions”