Buttons switch around after closing settings dialog.

BuddytheRat

Buttons switch around after closing settings dialog.

Post by BuddytheRat »

Trying to set up my Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2. In the settings window, everything corresponds to where I've placed it, and the buttons light up appropriately on both the settings window and the main window.

Upon closing the settings window, 1 becomes 3, 2 becomes 1, 3 becomes 2, clicking the joysticks now corresponds to the 9 and 10 buttons (start and select), 9 and 10 correspond to 7 and 8 (the top shoulder buttons). The joysticks and the d-pad remain unchanged, 5 and 6 (the bottom shoulder buttons) remain unchanged. There is no button that will activate pressing down on the sticks, as the sticks now activate start and select but no button has remapped itself to the sticks. Pressing 7 and 8 (top shoulder buttons) does nothing.

If I open the settings window, and leave it open, everything works fine in both windows, but when I close it, everything is switched around again.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Buttons switch around after closing settings dialog.

Post by Primal Fear »

The Controller Settings window is using DirectInput, but the main window uses Xinput if it is available. I suppose that there are two problems with the Xinput signal of your controller, first it actually shouldn't have one (it's not Xinput compatible) and second it differs from the DirectInput signal in the button order and the X axis differs from the Xinput standard (which both shouldn't be the case on an Xinput compatible controller).

Check the folder where you have placed the Xpadder.exe. I think you have also placed there two files called xinput1_3.dll and x360ce.ini. These files are causing this problem. Either delete them or move them to another folder. Alternatively you can move the Xpadder.exe together with the Xpadder.ini (in the same folder) somewhere else into a own folder. But you need to close Xpadder completely in the notification area (also called system tray) if it should be running, before you can move the Xpadder.exe.

If you cannot find this xinput1_3.dll, check the Controller Properties in Xpadder by clicking on the tab of your controller (the small picture in the upper left of the main window).
You should see on the left side under "Xbox 360 compatible" "No" and in the lower right quarter a blank area. But if I'm right, you will see "Yes (ID1)" and such green bars like in the upper right quarter that are titled "XInput".
If this is the case, close the Controller Properties and open the Xpadder settings (tool symbol in the upper right of the main window), select "Options" on the left side and deactivate "Use Xinput (if installed) in the chapter "Running". Close the settings window and the problem should be fixed. If you should get yourself a Xinput compatible controller some day you need to activate this setting again, otherwise the triggers will share the same axis and Xpadder cannot control the rumble of the controller.

BuddytheRat

Re: Buttons switch around after closing settings dialog.

Post by BuddytheRat »

You are brilliant. I forgot I put those files there, from the xbox controller emulator. Thanks alot.

Return to “Other questions”